Wow...Buffalo is Getting Some Respect Finally...

matter2003

LindyRuffisyourGOD

he is been the most underappreciated part of this run so far. he has so outcoached brian murray and ken hitchcock it's been laughable.

we'll see if laviolette fares any better...theyhave the HORSES to beat us, but so did both of the first 2 teams imo. i just think ruff has gotten so much more out of his players...if he does not get coach of the year it is a travesty.

How can you not give the sabers respect. Lindy Ruff implemented a system - all the players bought it and played it to near perfection, Ryan Miller proved he is the real deal, and plain and simple the boys in black kicked ass

Because we're Buffalo, of course! The rest of the world hates us. I reality, it is more, no thinks of us...

I guess I'm sick of the respect thing. All respect does is add unnecessary presure to win. I don't think that particular chip on the shoulder gets you a championship...

LindyRuffisyourGOD

he is been the most underappreciated part of this run so far. he has so outcoached brian murray and ken hitchcock it's been laughable.

we'll see if laviolette fares any better...theyhave the HORSES to beat us, but so did both of the first 2 teams imo. i just think ruff has gotten so much more out of his players...if he does not get coach of the year it is a travesty.

Ruff's line changes have been a thing of beauty.

Game 6 in Philly was brilliant. Ruff got most of the matchups he wanted and played a few

head games without the last line change . Even though Hitch tried it seemed he couldn't get his players on the ice at home. It even seemed Lindy was timing the TV timeouts. And starting the Connolly line for the puck drop of that game basically said to Philly, send out your best line, your not beating Miller on what you perceive to be our worst checking line.

Murray didn't think he needed to match lines until it was too late. In the first two games at home he was indifferent to match-ups.

Ruff's handling of the Black Aces was super as well. He basically told Pyatt, and Novotny, we are not afraid to play you and we are not going to disguise you. They played their off.

For selfish reasons I hope nobody ever catches on to what Lindy does.

I hope he remains here for years to come.

Finally? If poll results give us respect, we had it going into the Ottawa series.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...g?event_id=2163

Not only were we picked to take out Ottawa, but of all the teams, we were heavily favored (more than twice the % of second place Carolina) to win the cup, and Miller was chosen as the goalie you'd most want in net besides Brodeur.

Additionally, on HFBoards, Buffalo has 70% of the votes:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=252057

LindyRuffisyourGOD

I fully expect that whichever team wins this series, they're respective coach will win coach of the year.

Archived