Our boy need a BREAK! So LETS GO DEVILS!!!

navybillsfan

I hope we can sit back a couple of games and let the Devils/Canes kick eachother around...

Would be great to have a full roster come the finals!

Any word on TC or Mair?

I was under the impression that we had to wait for the SJ/EDM series to end, regardless what happens in the NJ/CAR series?

Rayzor was saying (on the shootout) that as a player you want to get right back out there any keep the momentum going. I think he is right but what choice do they have? They are going to wait. Maybe get a little more healthy in the process.

you are correct. tickets go on sale wednesay at 9am, so this series isn't starting before at least wednesday night no matter what... probably a friday night game for us!

The guys on GR said last night there's going to be a game next Saturday for sure. Whether it is game 1 or 2 is still TBD...

I was under the impression that we had to wait for the SJ/EDM series to end, regardless what happens in the NJ/CAR series?

Correct. The NHL wants all of the playoff series to start around the same time in each round. I agree with Rayzor...start the next series ASAP. The Sabres have momentum now and don't want it to slow down.

Even if Carolina won tonight, they'd all have to wait for SJ/Edm to finish.

The Sabres have momentum now and don't want it to slow down.

Even if Carolina won tonight, they'd all have to wait for SJ/Edm to finish.

I don't know, maybe past history, but I want Carolina over the Devils. Let Carolina win tonight and sit. I believe in that cooling off theory too. Especially when Game 1 is on the enemy ice.

Sabres Fan in Maryland

This team goes against all conventional wisdom, so who knows how a layoff would go? I sure as hell don't.

Regardless, whoever we play in the next round is getting a team that believes it's going to win every night. Doesn't matter whose rink, or what the circumstances are.

For crying out loud, we're 2-1 in the playoffs in games RORY FITZPATRICK plays a regular shift. Figure that out.

This team goes against all conventional wisdom, so who knows how a layoff would go? I sure as hell don't.

My gut feeling is that it won't matter. This team seems to have the "us against the world" feeling about it. They had the second-most points in the regular season and were underdogs in both series. The benefit of a potential layoff is that Connolly will have a chance to get the cobwebs out of his head...here's hoping he's ok just to be able to skate.

As for who I'd *want* the Sabres to play....neither team. Though if I had to choose, I'd probably say Carolina, only because they're the lesser of two evils. The Sabres have just had fits with the Devils over the past few years and it would just scare me to play them. At least Carolina's goaltending is somewhat shaky - Ward looked horrible yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if he bounced back tonight.

Archived