Oilers fans

Monkeygirl

They are amazing. Even when the Oil were down 2-0 and 3-1 in this game they were cheering their butts off. No negative energy there. They're my favorite western team and tonight's game was awesome, hard-hitting excitement. I didn't think it could top the last game that went into triple OT but I think it did.

Anyways, if you're a fan in that arena, all you have to do is look up to see all those stanley cup banners and the names of the greatest players in hockey so you always have to believe and be positive. It's a little different for us I know, but I wish we could be like them and I just don't think that when we're down in a game, we give it our all like oilers fans do to keep the players fired up. I know we are awesome, but we get a little more tentative quicker. Winning something big would definitely help us out in that department.

Note: Last night I was thinking about all the hockey stuff I have laying around and I completely forgot about the foot tall stanley cup with the avs logo I bought at the HHOF like 4 years ago. I had asked the guy for a sabres stanley cup and he said, well they haven't won it yet so we don't make them. I never forgot that.

I found the puck Razor tossed over the boards to me like 3 years ago and the puck Marty and Curtis Brown signed for me and a lot of other stuff that I won't bore you with....

And the Oilers playing cards I bought at a store in TO.

And a Montreal figurine of 3 Habs players holding up the stanley cup I bought at the Marcel Dionne store in the Boulevard Mall. He was there that day so he gave me a photo of him and signed it for me and told me not to tell anyone because he doesn't normally do that.

But my hockey (mostly sabres) scrapbook is my most prized possession for sure.

My Marty jersey comes in at a close second.

My room used to be COMPLETELY covered with hockey posters (and some soccer/music). I had lemieux, forsberg, hasek, naslund.....theodore...everything I could get my hands on.

OMG, my life has been so entrenched in hockey. There is no escape. But what can you do, it's the best game you can name.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED HOCKEY POSSESSION.

Most prized: A game puck from c. 1990 or 1991 that my dad caught in the upper golds, keeping my mom from being clobbered in the head. This was, of course, the pre-net days. Its so simple, just the blue and gold logo, nothing else.

I also have a bunch of pennants from 1988-1991 of opposing teams. When I went with my parents to the aud they would get me the pennant of the opposing team. I probably have close the entire league. Of my favorite are the teams that no longer exist: Whalers, Nordiques, Jets, CCCP.

Also the one with the old crazy technicolor Canucks logo is pretty cool.

Most prized: A game puck from c. 1990 or 1991 that my dad caught in the upper golds, keeping my mom from being clobbered in the head. This was, of course, the pre-net days. Its so simple, just the blue and gold logo, nothing else.

I also have a bunch of pennants from 1988-1991 of opposing teams. When I went with my parents to the aud they would get me the pennant of the opposing team. I probably have close the entire league. Of my favorite are the teams that no longer exist: Whalers, Nordiques, Jets, CCCP.

Whalers, Nords, and Jets exist... They are just called (respectively) the Hurricanes, Avs, and Coyotes now...

:P :P :P

Thanks one of my Dad's friends who knows Ripper I have the following

LaFontaine signed stick (unused)

Mogliny unused stick

Hawerchuck unused stick

Malarchuk unused stick

And my personal fav, a Dave Taylor game used stick from '93. It was from a game against the Sabres, and signed by the entore Kings team including Gretzky and Robitaille and all those guys. Pretty cool.

I also have a pair of unsued gloves. I don't even remember who they were suppose to be for, but I know it was a defenseman, I want to say Gary Galley. I should call my dad on that one.

Played a round of golf with Jay McKee at a charity event, he signed a golfball of all things afterwards, hasn't been moved from my dresser since. I would have to say that golfball along with a puck signed by the whole team in '97 would be my favorite hockey memoribilia.

I have an old-school Perreault jersey, the old heavy nylon one, not the mesh they make now of the vintage jerseys ... love that thing ... but I bought it after I had a fire in which I lost a lot of stuff ...

but my two favorite things are ones that survived the fire ... one is a baseball hat they were selling the last year of the Aud ... it is blue with a gold visor ... says The Aud 1940-1996 on the front with a little stitched picture of it ... and the old logo on the back ... I bought it either at French Connection night or the first alumni game ... I forget, they were the same week ...

The other is a statue of an old-school goalie (no mask, etc) making a glove save that my mom got for me ... I lost track of it after the fire, I thought it was pretty messed up ... she cleaned it up and gave it to me again for Christmas one year, great surprise ...

I've got some cool stuff, but my favorite items are probably my ticket stub from the Gretzky 77, 78, 79 goal game and my wife's game worn b/g Audette "C" sweater. (He only wore the C one time while the Sabres wore B/G. It was loosely hand stitched onto the sweater.)

I have a yellow legal pad piece of paper with a ton of Sabres and opposing teams signatures on it. (uncle used to work at the Aud). Perrault, Mckegney, Playfair, Luce, Hajt to name a few Sabres, not to mention Gretzky when he played for the Oilers. Probably not worth much to anyone but me...all signed to my name, but I cherish it anyway.

Mike Hartman blue/gold home jersey. My favorite Sabres player ever. Wasn't a big guy, but he brought it every game he played. To me that is the epitome of hockey.

Mike Foligno blue/gold home jersey. Got it when I was a kid, so it doesn't fit anymore, but another guy how played his heart out.

Navy blue old logo tuuk. Living in GA, you get plenty of looks sporting the finest in winter wear.

My prized posession is a picture, taken by larry norton, in the alumni suite of the HSBC after game 3 of the stanley cup finals of myself with the french connection. I'm family friends with rick martin so he invited me in. Ended up drinking a bottle of wine that gil perrault gave me. I literally saw EVERY former sabre that night. I've also never seen booze move faster either, and i've been in college for almost 10 years... That's saying a lot. We didn't leave the arena till about 3am that night because i was not sober enough to drive home. I'll scan the picture and put it on here sometime.

Right now, An 05-06 team signed stick. Working on a Drury game used jersey right now.

I have plenty of Autos (LaFontaine, Mogilny etc...)

BTW: If anyone could hook me up with a LaFontaine Blue and Gold Jersey.........

Archived