Kevyn Adams, press conference 4/16/2024

LGR4GM

Adams doubled down on no longer talking about how young this team is. 

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Adams seems pissed that his team didn't make it this year.

Remember how we kept UPL up last year because Okposo vouched for it. I think he truly was counting on the the coaching staff and players to bring it together. They failed this year; but I don't think he has any more patience for it.

His tone has shifted from the last time I heard him speak. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

"yes we want to be harder to play against, compete harder, more physicality" 

"You got to win at home" 

- Adams

"Our system did not change, what changed was at time the focus was on cleaning up some things defensively." Goes on to talk about how there was not a philosophy change here but that felt players might have changed some of their dynamic. He gets asked point blank what happened. He felt often times they were caught in the middle, meaning the were not an attacking team or a defensive team. Saw hesitancy. They need to fix it he said. 

• Like (+1) 1

Asked about how he feels about the core:

1. Gotta be careful with regression, says there was great progress with UPL and JJP. Regression wise there was a challenge because a number of players fell off. Thinks he talked a bit about why it happened. 

2. Believes in the core. Trusts in them to get it right. Thinks they want to be here in Buffalo and make this team great. Says core guys felt like they were letting team and fans down. 

Asked about the arrogance that seemed to be coming from the room early in the season, Adams basically said the team didn't earn it yet and repeated it a few times. Seemed a bit incredulous that the team thought they had arrived. Talked again about earning it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

says competitive begins in practice...sounds like another disagreement he had with DG ... compete first, show your skill second.

He seems to be talking A LOT about effort, grit, etc. He even mentioned that it was a problem day 1 of training camp. 

Edited by Mango

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Tage update: will miss Worlds and is getting an MRI. Nothing that will effect him this summer or next year but will be out several weeks

1 minute ago, Sidc3000 said:

Wonder if he messed his hand up again

As long as it isn’t his back. 😬 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Arguably the best conference he's had

I am not happy with Adams. He did not do enough. I will give him credit for being pretty straight forward here and finally after months of bs saying the truth. The team isn't gritty enough, they aren't physical enough, they didn't handle it well, and it wasn't good enough. I didn't think Adams would say it to be honest. I will see how the coaching search goes. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 5

Adams clearly likes Appert and did not directly say he would not be considered for HC. 

His final comment was he won't get into specific head coaching names as that isn't fair (someone asked about Ruff). He said that they should just know he has a plan. 

Just now, Mango said:

Clearly he has been reading my whining's about Dylan Cozens because he called him out specifically at one point. 

I think we will see a huge bounce back from Dylan with Benson and Quinn on his week. 

• Like (+1) 2