GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens Weds 7pm, ESPN+ MSG & WGR radio

Shoot da Puck

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It would be kind of funny. No way the TP run Sabres do anything that kooky. Paul Wieland would like it tho.

Anybody remember when the Sabres put a lucky coin under the ice to start a season? I couldn't get within a 10 year time span of when it happened. Brain shrinkage is real.

Nathan Gerbe did that.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Nice unexpected win. They win when I think they wil lose and they lose when I think they will win! Funny some have been dishing on Skinner, Tuch and Girgs all week and they all score for the win. Cozens, another favorite whipping boy, played very well. While we are at it many wanted to trade Mitts too. Not sure who we are suppose to play then?? 

On another note, I wonder if when Power is ready to return we shoudl send him to Rochester to finish up the year. Let him play a ton and get his confidence back.  Might help him a lot I think.

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It would be kind of funny. No way the TP run Sabres do anything that kooky. Paul Wieland would like it tho.

Anybody remember when the Sabres put a lucky coin under the ice to start a season? I couldn't get within a 10 year time span of when it happened. Brain shrinkage is real.

Posted it tongue in cheek, but think you are right… Wieland would have loved the idea… Would be a hilarious happening… Free admission with a ‘25 Playoff Prayer Book… SRO… Hahaha… 

Don’t remember the coin… Too long ago… When I tried to research it, came across a story the Canadian Olympic team did the same thing at the 2002 Salt Lake City at the E Center for good luck… Both the Canadian Women’s and Men’s teams won Gold Medals…

Couldn’t hurt, KA… 😉

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The Sabres are a lot more relaxed on the road. It’s really toxic in our arena. 4 years is no accident. 

Toxic GIF
Matt Gaetz Gas Mask GIF by GIPHY News

I hate all this toxic propaganda but I’ll be wearing this to my next home game.  

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, inkman said:

They should put a giant lava lamp on the scoreboard and serve edibles pregame.  To the players and the fans.  Concessions would skyrocket.  Nachos in particular. 

There might be more cheering too.  

7 hours ago, oddoublee said:

good observations - while the fancy stats show the first line played well - they did look out of sync. It does not seem like there is any rhyme or reason to what they are doing out there ( I feel that way about all the lines for what it is worth). The structure is noticeably bad.

So, yes, the fancy stats say you are wrong - but you are right. Their talent bails them out sometimes - but not always...

I’m not a fancy stats guy. I don’t think they got scored on, so that helps them. Possession time is decent because Tage tries dangling through the entire opposition, finally losing it vs the 5th guy.

Skinner scored but was his typical turnover machine.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.