Sabres fan since 1993...

Warriorspikes51

I have been a Sabres fan since 1993 and watched around 90% of all games. 

I've never felt so indifferent toward the outcome of games...

or felt so much disgust when I think about the state of this team

This franchise is among the very worst run organizations in professional sports. 

The playoff drought is perhaps worse than the Bills because at least they had SOME competitive teams

The only identity this team has is a culture of losing and failure

It's a disgraceful product.  Any fans who have held season tickets this year should receive a portion of their $ back or credits toward future games.

There is NO HOPE in sight for this team.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I have been a Sabres fan since 1993 and watched around 90% of all games. 

I've never felt so indifferent toward the outcome of games...

or felt so much disgust when I think about the state of this team

This franchise is among the very worst run organizations in professional sports. 

The playoff drought is perhaps worse than the Bills because at least they had SOME competitive teams

The only identity this team has is a culture of losing and failure

It's a disgraceful product.  Any fans who have held season tickets this year should receive a portion of their $ back or credits toward future games.

There is NO HOPE in sight for this team.  

They got a sabres puzzle and a phone charger 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It's always darkest before the dawn.

I wish I believed that, but there is a total eclipse in Buffalo this summer. 😂

Last I looked the total eclipse line ran right through WPA and WNY. Kinda cool. Wonder if people who are inclined to travel to see such a wondrous event will travel to this area.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Last I looked the total eclipse line ran right through WPA and WNY. Kinda cool. Wonder if people who are inclined to travel to see such a wondrous event will travel to this area.

They absolutely will be. My guitar player travels with a group that goes all over the world to see them. It's a little cuckoo, but cool at the same time. They charter planes so they can travel with it and experience it longer, as well as ensure that weather is not an issue.

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I have friends and family coming in from all over the country.  We have back-up plans in case of clouds.

38 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I have friends and family coming in from all over the country.  We have back-up plans in case of clouds.

Clouds? In our region? In April?

What's the backup plan?

Warrior I didn't mean to hikack the thread. I feel you and am with you my Sabres sibling. I am you +18 years.

Can mods move the eclipse stuff to its own thread?

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, I feel such a connection to the fanbase that, once it got SO bad here that people generally stopped thinking/hoping/pretending that Adams and his regime had any idea solitary idea what they are doing, it was somewhat of a pressure valve release. Almost no one wants to carry water for the complete, unacceptable ineptitude the organization has shown, and that honestly somehow makes it easier to except, as a fan. In sports you can be loveable losers if you are, in fact, considered to be losers. Lions-Esque. 

one day it’ll turn around and it’ll be pure. In a sense that purity is born from the fact the fanbase became united, over the course of this drought. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Honestly, I feel such a connection to the fanbase that, once it got SO bad here that people generally stopped thinking/hoping/pretending that Adams and his regime had any idea solitary idea what they are doing, it was somewhat of a pressure valve release. Almost no one wants to carry water for the complete, unacceptable ineptitude the organization has shown, and that honestly somehow makes it easier to except, as a fan. In sports you can be loveable losers if you are, in fact, considered to be losers. Lions-Esque. 

one day it’ll turn around and it’ll be pure. In a sense that purity is born from the fact the fanbase became united, over the course of this drought. 

See also PA and TP. But man it was lonely for awhile. i am so happy to no longer hear billionaires are smart and know what they're doing.

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

See also PA and TP. But man it was lonely for awhile. i am so happy to no longer hear billionaires are smart and know what they're doing.

In hindsight, it was never been about them knowing more *about* what they are doing that the fans, it was about the fact *what* they were doing doesn’t align with what the fans want 

To them, the fans are indeed wrong about the lack of success, if they are defining success differently 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.