Seth Appert will coach the Sabres Tonight due to Granato Illness

Brawndo

Don is a great guy, but the sabres need a new coach and staff.  He has miserably failed. GM bet the whole season on keeping the same team on the ice. Epic fail. Adams should fire himself. These players are young, rich and comfortable. Bring in somebody who will make them uncomfortable. Trade Adam’s precious picks for veteran help and sit the guys who make the same defensive mistakes two nights in a row.  In a league where you have to be incompetent to miss the playoffs, we are still waiting for basic nightly competence. We are tired. Terry. Baby. Sweetheart. 

21 hours ago, Cranky old man said:

Don is a great guy, but the sabres need a new coach and staff.  He has miserably failed. GM bet the whole season on keeping the same team on the ice. Epic fail. Adams should fire himself. These players are young, rich and comfortable. Bring in somebody who will make them uncomfortable. Trade Adam’s precious picks for veteran help and sit the guys who make the same defensive mistakes two nights in a row.  In a league where you have to be incompetent to miss the playoffs, we are still waiting for basic nightly competence. We are tired. Terry. Baby. Sweetheart. 

Welcome to the board!

The elevation of Appert over the assistants is clear proof that management thinks very little of HCDG's assistants.  It appears to also be an indication of the quality of coaches willing to come to Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Welcome to the board!

The elevation of Appert over the assistants is clear proof that management thinks very little of HCDG's assistants.  It appears to also be an indication of the quality of coaches willing to come to Buffalo.

/sarcasm?  The GM literally said it would be the smoothest transition.  But just make stuff up I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

/sarcasm?  The GM literally said it would be the smoothest transition.  But just make stuff up I guess. 

I was not aware of that.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah, DEFINITELY didn't want to disrupt that PP that's clicking on almost 1 cylinder.  Imagine how bad it would've been had they disrupted it.

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

Come on Inky.  That is spin.  Matty Ellis runs the PP, imagine if he ran the bench.  

Appert was brought in to see if he can spark something AND because there is zero confidence in the current staff.  

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't doubt that bringing up Appert was determined to be the least disruptive way to proceed. I do think it was an unusual decision though and that it does speak to the lack of NHL experience on our coaching staff.  I think that most NHL teams have an assistant or two on staff whose presence would make the idea of bringing up the AHL coach for the weekend a non-consideration.   

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Come on Inky.  That is spin.  Matty Ellis runs the PP, imagine if he ran the bench.  

Appert was brought in to see if he can spark something AND because there is zero confidence in the current staff.  

He also MIGHT've been brought up to get an "outsider's opinion" on whatever minor move they're thinking about making to try to spark the season being saved.  (We can hope, right?)

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He also MIGHT've been brought up to get an "outsider's opinion" on whatever minor move they're thinking about making to try to spark the season being saved.  (We can hope, right?)

If Adams does not pick his brain for an assessment on everything then he is indeed not the man to run this team.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.