OT: Attempting my first water cooled HYTE Y60 Mid Tower desktop build, any advice greatly appreciated.

Scottysabres

Wiring coming along. I bought this motherboard because it came highly reviewed and given great marks from gamers in general.

It comes with 6 sys fan connections, so I had to use a couple splitters.

While wiring through the evening I ran across some entertaining videos on YouTube.

If you hadn't seen him yet, and you like story telling with humor, might I recommend "The fat electrician" on YouTube. I especially enjoyed the "most gangster marine of all time" and the "most gangster politician of all time". Both were very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost there. I fabricated my own pump stand mount since the 2x140mm fans and radiator are in the place the pump should mount.

Bent and installed the easy acrylic tubing pieces first. The last 2 runs going to the 240mm radiator in the roof require many bends to work around the existing installed equipment.

Here's current pics.

20231120_210151.jpg

20231120_210203.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

She's up and running....

What do ya think?

Not bad for a first timer?

20231221_180049.jpg

20231221_180055.jpg

20231221_180103.jpg

Looks like a fish tank full of neon tetras

Lose the parabolic screen imo and get two screens side by side

Edited by North Buffalo
add
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Looks like a fish tank full of neon tetras

Lose the parabolic screen imo and get two screens side by side

I plan to North.

I still have the other HYTE Y60 to build with my youngest nephew. But I ran across someone over on HF who turned me on this.......this bueatiful monstrosity 🤣 

I'm thinking I've found my final build.....check this out....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I plan to North.

I still have the other HYTE Y60 to build with my youngest nephew. But I ran across someone over on HF who turned me on this.......this bueatiful monstrosity 🤣 

I'm thinking I've found my final build.....check this out....

Now that is a work table err?! computer box wow server much... lost my words just wow!

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Now that is a work table err?! computer box wow server much... lost my words just wow!

You know I'm going to build it 🤣 

Already spoke to the wife, as soon as the roof is done this summer, I'm building it. And I'll be making it a dual system with 4 monitors, 2 for each system. I'll use Byski this time instead of EKWB for the water cooling system.

This will be an awesome set up for combat air and fps co-op as well as against one another.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

You know I'm going to build it 🤣 

Already spoke to the wife, as soon as the roof is done this summer, I'm building it. And I'll be making it a dual system with 4 monitors, 2 for each system. I'll use Byski this time instead of EKWB for the water cooling system.

This will be an awesome set up for combat air and fps co-op as well as against one another.

Dude  I may to come visit just to geek out... or my head just might explode... you sure your's hasnt?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Dude  I may to come visit just to geek out... or my head just might explode... you sure your's hasnt?

Lol

I've always been in to tech in some way, especially gaming. I took computer science as my major back in the 90's after my enlistment was up. To bad I didn't get to see it past 1 year, long story, but I've lived, shall we say, an interesting life. Hockey, Football, we're a passion since childhood, but so was tech stuff.

I just never really dove in to it like I am now. It's actually a lot of fun to build them, and I do love the whole "latest and greatest" gadget thing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.