Closing out Philly and getting the jump on Ottawa without Hecht...

LabattBlue

Keep in mind that the Sabres closed out Philly and have jumped to a 1-0 series lead without arguably one of their top 3 overall players in Jochen Hecht.

Was the nature of his injury ever disclosed or is it still just an "upper body Injury" :blink: :blink: ? I really believe the Sabres need Hecht back in order to win the series

Any signs of Jochen coming back for Game 2 or Game 3???

i certainly hope so... he's a big part of our offense... we will need him if not in this series then the next if we advance... hopefully he makes a speedy but FULL recovery... lets not rush him back and cause more damage.

I read in the buffalo news that he participated in the full 40 minute practice yesterday, then gave a smile to the reporters and said something like "my upper body injury is coming along fine". All signs look for hecht to dress tomorrow.

You know those "upper body injuries" can be tricky :lol:

I wonder after winning game one, if Lindy would keep Hecht out to give him a few more days of healing and practice?

I hope Hecht is Healthy and in the lineup. The Sabres have a chance to go for the Sens throat (and heart) on Monday. If Buffalo goes up two then a sweep is possible with abck to back games in the HSBC. The Sens may wake up Friday wondering what happened. :rolleyes:

I hope Hecht is Healthy and in the lineup. The Sabres have a chance to go for the Sens throat (and heart) on Monday. If Buffalo goes up two then a sweep is possible with abck to back games in the HSBC. The Sens may wake up Friday wondering what happened. :rolleyes:

Game 3 is usually the pivotal game in most series, but I think it will be magnified a bit this time since the teams will play again the next night. There's no time for adjustments or practice, just a light skate the day of the game.

I'm not ready to start talking about sweeps yet, though I love your optimism DeLucca! I have a bad feeling about Game 2...I think Ottawa is going to put together a very nice, very complete, very impressive game.

I'll go on record now: It'll be up to Ryan Miller if we're going to win Game 2 - I have a feeling Monday night is the game we'll need him to steal for us.

Game 3 is usually the pivotal game in most series, but I think it will be magnified a bit this time since the teams will play again the next night. There's no time for adjustments or practice, just a light skate the day of the game.

I'm not ready to start talking about sweeps yet, though I love your optimism DeLucca! I have a bad feeling about Game 2...I think Ottawa is going to put together a very nice, very complete, very impressive game.

I'll go on record now: It'll be up to Ryan Miller if we're going to win Game 2 - I have a feeling Monday night is the game we'll need him to steal for us.

Wow, is there anyone else here who would have put money down back in October that no one would ever post that comment and be serious about it?

DeLuca, you've done a commendable job of joining the program. I think you may be a little overoptimistic on this one, but I truly hope you aren't.

A lot of people have posted that Miller will be the key to game 2. I think he will, in that he needs to keep the Sabres in the game long enough for Emery to have a melt down (not positive Emery will melt down, but if the Sabres can get a soft one past him the odds become reasonable that it will happen). If Emery does falter, will the Otters sink with him and wave bye-bye with their almost human-like paws or will they bear down even more and try to will a win regardless of Emery. If Emery doesn't falter, then Ryan does need to steal this game, as Ottawa will continue to play hard if they are getting reasonable goaltending.

If Emery does falter, will the Otters sink with him and wave bye-bye game...are getting reasonable goaltending.

I can't remember a team in the playoffs with this kind of goal tending. I know he was serviceable during the regular season and during round one, but he had a HUGE turtlehead poking out during Game 1 and I would be surprised if he got his act together. He looks like a goalie on the verge of a super nuclear implosion of epic proportions. We'll find out tonight.

I can't remember a team in the playoffs with this kind of goal tending. I know he was serviceable during the regular season and during round one, but he had a HUGE turtlehead poking out during Game 1 and I would be surprised if he got his act together. He looks like a goalie on the verge of a super nuclear implosion of epic proportions. We'll find out tonight.

I have a suspicion that the Sabres have figured something out about his game. Either that or Emery thinks they have. Remember, he got pulled in the game right before the end of the season, too...

BTW, who'd've thunk DeLuca, and Optimist would be in the same sentance without sarcasm? ;)

Archived