GDT: Sabres @ Mighty Ducks, Feb 15, 2023, 10pm, MSG WGR

LGR4GM

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

There were 7 ####ing teams in 10 years that were below the mythical DeLuca 0.500 that made the playoffs.  13 got to it and yet still missed.  (Doesn't count the 70 game season, the DeLuca 0.500 is even less useful if that's included.)

Considering it only matters if teams are close to being in the playoffs, that's a horrible track record.

Honestly, I give up 

you can yell at me in all caps as a response (“WRONG“) and swear at me all you like. Don’t really need the treatment tbh

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There’s been 1 playoff team in the east in the last decade to be below deluca 500, 9 years ago 

let it go 

I’ll stick with this, after editing it to “2” in the last 10 years. Missed the Leafs a couple years ago 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We aren’t making the playoffs if we are below deluca. Yes, I get the fact that 110 points guarantees it. 

I do not care.

I do not care how many times you try to correct me on it. I do not care about finding a number that GUARANTEES it.  Have explained this countless times. My interest is in the number we need to achieve that represents the first realistically achievable number where playoffs are *more likely than not*. 

It is VERY statistically likely that a non deluca team misses. It is very unlikely a non deluca team makes it 

20 teams over 10 years were on the wrong side of the playoff cutoff (either good or bad) than what was predicted by the mythical DeLuca 0.500.  It being wrong twice on average every year is really bad predictatively.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Love those, as long as they're wearing the blue breezers.  When it's straight yellow, it's horrible.

I don't mind the logo, but the jersey is sooooo much yellow. Calling it marigold doesn't make it better. If they went primarily navy blue with yellow accents they'd be solid. The number font with the guitar strings incorporated is neat.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Honestly, I give up 

you can yell at me in all caps as a response (“WRONG“) and swear at me all you like 

I’ll stick with this, after editing it to “2” in the last 10 years. Missed the Leafs a couple years ago 

Have no issue w/ you.  But the mythical DeLuca 0.500 is ####.  When there are all of ~4 teams (and likely fewer) in each conference on the bubble in the last 2 weeks of the year & the mythical DeLuca 0.500 gets at least a quarter & sometimes 1/2 of its predictions wrong, it's pretty friggin' worthless.

The Sabres are going to have to be significantly better than a DeLuca 0.500 this year to make the playoffs.  It means nothing.

2 hours ago, TageMVP said:

The Red Wings need an upgrade. Some times less is more, but those are plain and boring 

Plain, boring, and with that ugly "bird got cut while in flight" wing thing that's been there forever.  I know, I know, it's "classic."  "Classic" doesn't mean that it looks good.  It's horrible.

The Leaves are coming up, too, now that they switched what used to be an awesome font on the back of their sweaters.

Classic and good?  Habs.  Sabres whites (the normal ones).  Bruins (***** I hate them).  Red Wings ain't it.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Plain, boring, and with that ugly "bird got cut while in flight" wing thing that's been there forever.  I know, I know, it's "classic."  "Classic" doesn't mean that it looks good.  It's horrible.

The Leaves are coming up, too, now that they switched what used to be an awesome font on the back of their sweaters.

Classic and good?  Habs.  Sabres whites (the normal ones).  Bruins (***** I hate them).  Red Wings ain't it.

I really dig that the Oilers and Flames went back to their classic unis/colors. Both of those are fantastic. WPG needs to go back to their classic design. Wings, yeah, blah. Agree the Habs uniforms are great. Bruins, too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Watch Clague. He's a very sound and crafty D man.

Clague is the least of my worries.  I'm actually glad he's making Bryson ride the pine.  I think Bryson is a fine young man but his defensive play is marginal at best.  7D is the right spot for him.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.