Super Bowl..the game, the food, prop bets and of course SB Squares

Norcal

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

So, broader convo: is Mahomes now a top 3 QB of all time? I’ve got:

1 Brady

2 Montana

3 Mahomes

..Aikman and Bradshaw have more SBs than Mahomes but...ya. Elway and P. Manning have arguments for #3 as well among others but given his trajectory I have no problem personally slotting Mahomes in at 3. 

Not yet.  It has not been long enough.  I would have Bradshaw at 3.  Stawback at 4.  Elway at 5.  Of course, these are the ones that I have witnessed play the game.  i agree with your top 2.

2 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Not yet.  It has not been long enough.  I would have Bradshaw at 3.  Stawback at 4.  Elway at 5.  Of course, these are the ones that I have witnessed play the game.  i agree with your top 2.

Not saying you are right or wrong, but only 3 QBs ever have two NFL MVPs, two SB rings, and two SB MVPs.

Montana

Brady

Mahomes

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I don't think the OP was posited based on SB success or failure, but mainly on the body of work as a whole, eh.

Correct, but regular season MVPs and SB wins/MVPs make up a significant portion of an overall body of work.  I’m just saying Mahomes is already approaching the accomplishments of the GOAT Brady/Montana tier.

Just now, Eleven said:

No.  There is a top 3 Qb who never won one (and I don't mean Kelly)

Marino!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Correct, but regular season MVPs and SB wins/MVPs make up a significant portion of an overall body of work.  I’m just saying Mahomes is already approaching the accomplishments of the GOAT Brady/Montana tier.

Marino!

Yessir

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Marino!

Fran !!

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Yessir

No way !!

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Not saying you are right or wrong, but only 3 QBs ever have two NFL MVPs, two SB rings, and two SB MVPs.

Montana

Brady

Mahomes

Ya. It’s not like a projection is necessary to have Mahomes top 5. If he retired today he’s immediately in the hall of fame. Only 13 QBs have ever won 2 SBs, and he’s already quite a bit ahead of most on that short list. Never mind all his other markers, some of which you pointed to. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

No.  There is a top 3 Qb who never won one (and I don't mean Kelly)

Ya he has an argument for 3 as well. Not for long though. 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Marino!

He’s coming close to approaching or meeting (even exceeding, in some regards) Brady’s pace / trajectory but he’s not approaching his accomplishments quite yet aside from RS MVPs. Only cause Brady so obliterated the standard. He’s approaching Montana’s though and currently passing everyone else.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.