Tage Thompson- Champion of Justice, Doer of Good, Enemy of Evil, Nurturer of Sick Puppies

JoeSchmoe

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

Thorny, you don’t have a shrine in a back room, do you?

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That was two whole days ago for crissakes.

This is the kind of stuff that lets me KNOW there’s no goodwill in me discussing this anymore 

I appreciate it 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This is the kind of stuff that lets me KNOW there’s no goodwill in me discussing this anymore 

I appreciate it 

C’mon, Thorny. There was absolutely no rancor or animosity in that post. If anything, it was a self-deprecating shot at my own poor memory of the post of yours I liked on Monday. Anyway, I hope you’ll decide to keep adding to the thread. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

That was just the one I posted 😂

There is a ton of data out there, plenty of analysts takes up, even on NHL.com, right now, paid analysts, that are placing Jack on these lists. Go look at his advanced metrics in 19-20. Hell, even peep the GDTs. 

Please, I cannot stress this enough: don’t take my word for it. 

But, with all due respect - and this isn’t directed specifically at you - I’m not that interested in doing the work for people, anymore. It’s not that interesting to me anymore- this particular conversion sort of rose up organically so that’s good fun, but.. I want to tap out of it, now, if that’s fair. I’ve tried before to link bits in the GDTs* from that year, for one example, clips of Eichel being a great leader towards Dahlin..people aren’t really interested in it. It doesn’t gain traction. Don’t blame ‘em. 

*part of why the even further improvement to his D game this year doesn’t surprise me is because I remember, and am not afraid to acknowledge, that *WE* were all saying the same things, in 19-20. 

But there’s no point in me waging this war if even the clearest bits of info are met with skepticism. Eichel is having a great season - he’s having a great season defensively: the numbers and metrics are in fact out there, and do in fact speak for themselves: anyone that doesn’t want to hear them, doesn’t believe them, or has a healthy degree of skepticism in them, ain’t going to be convinced by me, anyways.

You are fine.  I just thought you might have some specific media in mind.

I’m not denying that Eichel improved a great deal defensively during his time as a Sabre.  It’s just that he started off actively quite bad his first couple seasons,  and improved to be about average maybe.  No where close to Selke worthy.  IMPO.

• SDS locked this topic