GDT - 10/22/22 - Rochester @ Syracuse - 7:20 pm AHLTV

inkman

• inkman changed the title to GDT - 10/22/22 - Rochester @ Syracuse - 7:20 pm AHLTV

Yeah, small sample hopefully.

The Crunch are 6/11 on the PP so far this season too.

7 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

The PK is so bad it’s almost hard to believe. I get that it’s a small sample size, but I think it’s at about 62% right now. You could not even try and do better. 

2nd periods have been *****, hopefully they play better today. 

16 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Yeah, small sample hopefully.

The Crunch are 6/11 on the PP so far this season too.

2nd periods have been *****, hopefully they play better today. 

22nd last year, 25th the year before. It’s a trend, and even going by the eye test, I just hate their PK. The philosophy seems to be a wedge plus one type kill that gives the opponent ample room at the point. The collapse down low and basically never pressure the puck. It’s a very passive PK and hasn’t worked for years. 

31 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

22nd last year, 25th the year before. It’s a trend, and even going by the eye test, I just hate their PK. The philosophy seems to be a wedge plus one type kill that gives the opponent ample room at the point. The collapse down low and basically never pressure the puck. It’s a very passive PK and hasn’t worked for years. 

Well, when you have 0 defensive defensemen (well 1 kind of sort of now that Tischke took Pilut's spot) you have to try something to help them out.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, when you have 0 defensive defensemen (well 1 kind of sort of now that Tischke took Pilut's spot) you have to try something to help them out.

I don’t see that as the issue. They struggled last year even when they had Samuelsson and Fitzgerald. I think it’s just a poor PK philosophy, in my opinion. Personal preference is a very aggressive PK. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.