Tim Connolly's an Idiot

PTS

Why?

Because someone who missed an entire season with a concussion shouldn't be skating warm-ups without a helmet. I remember earlier in the season watching them warm-up and I told my girlfriend that Connolly was just asking for it.

I've played enough hockey in my life to know you're gonna have a very close call with a puck in warm-ups at least once a year. And 90% of the time it a rookie that gets you.

Hopefully Timmy, Drury and whoever else went helmetless rethink their stance. I saw Forsberg almost get hit yesterday by a shot that went off the bar in warm-ups.

Why?

Because someone who missed an entire season with a concussion shouldn't be skating warm-ups without a helmet. I remember earlier in the season watching them warm-up and I told my girlfriend that Connolly was just asking for it.

I've played enough hockey in my life to know you're gonna have a very close call with a puck in warm-ups at least once a year. And 90% of the time it a rookie that gets you.

Hopefully Timmy, Drury and whoever else went helmetless rethink their stance. I saw Forsberg almost get hit yesterday by a shot that went off the bar in warm-ups.

I agree. I had been saying the same thing all year at games.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think he WAS wearing his helmet during warmups. However, he doesn't wear a visor and that's why he got hit with the puck. It got him in the nose.

He then wore a visor in the game for the first time in 7 years and he even commented in some article how it was a little difficult to get acclimated to it again at first.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think he WAS wearing his helmet during warmups. However, he doesn't wear a visor and that's why he got hit with the puck. It got him in the nose.

He then wore a visor in the game for the first time in 7 years and he even commented in some article how it was a little difficult to get acclimated to it again at first.

Pictures of Connolly

Here's a good amount of pictures of Tim without a visor. Some from this year... so I don't think he's as stupid as you perceived.

Pictures of Connolly

Here's a good amount of pictures of Tim without a visor. Some from this year... so I don't think he's as stupid as you perceived.

Now I haven't been to every game, but I have yet to see him with a helmet on in warm ups. Kind of hard to miss when he is sporting the Mr. Clean look.

Now I haven't been to every game, but I have yet to see him with a helmet on in warm ups. Kind of hard to miss when he is sporting the Mr. Clean look.

He definitely didn't have the helmet on when warmups started. I doubt he put one on as they progressed.

Why?

....players don't want and should not need to wear a helmet in warmups. if anyone is an idiot here it is gaustaud for shooting the puck whenever he did. if you played pts than you also certainly know that the last you wanted to do is wear a helmet in warmup and that every other player on your team if you are playing at a high enough of a level should know when to shoot and when not to...

....players don't want and should not need to wear a helmet in warmups. if anyone is an idiot here it is gaustaud for shooting the puck whenever he did. if you played pts than you also certainly know that the last you wanted to do is wear a helmet in warmup and that every other player on your team if you are playing at a high enough of a level should know when to shoot and when not to...

Most of the team does wear their helmets in warmups though. I just think because of his history of concussions, and because of Murphy's law, Connolly should be wearing a helmet.

Archived