If you are a friend or relative Of Jay McKee

inkman

The way I see it, it is Darcy's fault (or whomever initiated the no negotiations during the season policy). They could have had him locked up in October if they really wanted to keep him. Enjoy him now, because he is gone next year. I have a really sickening feeling that we are going to need 3 defensemen next year. We needed one this year and that won't change, McKee will most likely get paid more somewhere else, and Numminen is 37 and has heart problems. 5 mill for McCabe? Probably not here...

The way I see it, it is Darcy's fault (or whomever initiated the no negotiations during the season policy). They could have had him locked up in October if they really wanted to keep him.

They might have been able to lock him up but at what price. It is obviously more than they were willing to pay before the season, when they were negotiating. He could still end up with the team in a few scenarios but do his peeps really need to be clamoring for his services WHILE he's playing for Lord Stanley's Cup?

He said some of his friends are from St. Catharines, I live just outside St. Catharines and could "Take care" of any of the friends/relatives making the calls. I'll get the niagara Regional Policy to investigate them on charges of something, keep them busy until after the offseason, LOL

They might have been able to lock him up but at what price. It is obviously more than they were willing to pay before the season, when they were negotiating. He could still end up with the team in a few scenarios but do his peeps really need to be clamoring for his services WHILE he's playing for Lord Stanley's Cup?

He said Friends are calling from St.Catharines, Do they realise its a closer drive to Buffalo then Toronto, and its easier to get tickets to a Buffalo game if they have to buy them to see him? I live just outside of St. Catharines in Welland, It takes me a 1/2hr to get to the arena, Its not much farther considering you can take the QEW the entire way. To Toronto it takes me atleast an Hour+

He said Friends are calling from St.Catharines, Do they realise its a closer drive to Buffalo then Toronto, and its easier to get tickets to a Buffalo game if they have to buy them to see him? I live just outside of St. Catharines in Welland, It takes me a 1/2hr to get to the arena, Its not much farther considering you can take the QEW the entire way. To Toronto it takes me atleast an Hour+

Stupid Canucks, present company excluded, of coarse. :blush:

ive met jay mckee a dozen times, and actually talked about buffalo with him. he loves it here, has played his whole career here, and has deep interest in staying here. i think if regeir and golisano even give him any increase he will stay..hes a homer..i watched him and other sabres practice all through the lockout at the Pepsi center..i love Jay mckee and would be really bummed to see him go. hes been here since i started really getting into the sabres. i was at his first game. hes a class act and a hell of a hockey player...regeir and G-man need to keep him in his town.

Remember, the genius writing this article thinks players wear gloves on their feet. (Where's the D'oh smiley when you need it?)

Both of Peter Forsberg's goals were deflected into the Sabres goal by Buffalo players, including one that ricocheted off McKee's glove and past goalie Ryan Miller.

Guys, the Sabres aren't going to negotiate with him until the run is done. This is going to be an enjoyable month, why tick yourselves off worrying about "what if's"? We'll hopefully only have about 2 weeks to worry about the "what if's". I'm planning on waiting until then to get upset about it.

In the early days of Jay's career and the relatively early days of the Internet, I accidentally stumbled upon his email address. I can't even remember how. But I sent him an email figuring an NHL player would never reply. He did. Cool guy. Hockey players, in general, are a different breed of cat than other professional athletes.

jaymuststay.com

This is going to be an enjoyable month, why tick yourselves off worrying about "what if's"? We'll hopefully only have about 2 weeks to worry about the "what if's". I'm planning on waiting until then to get upset about it.

Dave,

As the resident voice of reason on this board, I repsect your opinion more than most. The entire reason this is a topic is that their is an article about it, and his peeps are in his ear about it. I just wanted to point out the extremely poor timing on their part. :unsure:

Inky, I do see the reason you posted this. I just don't really consider it news, nor does the timing of the article bother me much.

I'm really looking at it as a feeble attempt from a TO beat writer to provide the shaken "Laff Nation" with some glimmer to hang their hats on. All 3 of their big rivals are leading their playoff series and it can't be much fun for them right now, especially considering most of their faithful viewed Ferguson as more of a problem than Fat Pat.

McKee definitely has a good head on his shoulders and, being one of the few "grizzled veterans" on the team will not let distractions remove his focus from the quest at hand. I'd be very surprised if he hasn't been getting lobbied since the day he signed his contract and it hasn't affected his play yet.

it's really surprising this article came out today. i woke up this morning and was thinking about the state of the sabres (while i was half asleep of course) and i got this sick feeling that mckee would go to the leafs. i think they're going to bend over backwards for him, and it's maddening to think of him in a leafs jersey. i play hockey with one of jay's buddies down here in north carolina (they grew up together and played hockey together since they were mites), but i don't see him trying to woo him to play for carolina.

Archived