Sabres are my favorite team

inkman

At least this was the case with my son's Boy Scout pack leader. Last night at our usually boring meeting, he starts talking about sports and hockey. Next thing I know he's asking the scouts who is playing tonight. I'm thinking, okay I'll bite. The Senators? One kid raises his hand and says Sabres, and the twit says, "That's right, the Buffalo Sabres are playing tonight." I almost fell out of my chair. He tells us that hockey is his favorite sport and the Sabres are his favorite team. After panicking a few seconds, I realize he is mistaken and lose any repect for this chump. (I never really had any, as it looks like he cuts his hair with a bowl and a weed wacker)

Any of you know fans like this tard?

yeah I know a couple...

some people I work with that watched maybee 5-10 games throughout the season...

They think they know all about hockey. I think it's funny

Now they are all into it becaue it's the playoffs...

I think I missed maybe 5-10 games this season out of 82

Down here in northern Pennsyltucky, the Sabres hats and shirts are popping up like dandelions. I swear I haven't seen a demonic goathead here in five years! It's the same way when the Bills start winning. When does that happen? I forget.

I'm so glad you brought up this subject.

I was at school monday and this lady I work with and this girl start talking about the sabres game and then of course I jump all over that so I start talking to the girl. Could it be I found another girl that knows hockey too? (I have a few other friends that do).

So I was like "wasn't that such a great hit"

and she said "yeah, he wasn't looking so it's his fault" or something like that

and then she's like "I can't wait for the game tonight".

I'm like "me either".

And then she asks very innocently...."who are they playing tonight?"

I paused, waiting for her to say just kidding, but it never came.

I said, "It's the playoffs." Hoping that a synapse connection would take place.

She said, "I know it's the playoffs"

Uh, so utterly annoyed, I say, "They play the flyers again. They have to beat them 4 times out of seven.

"Ooohhhhh."

Wow, the horror, the horror. Even during the course of the game I would have that she could pick that up. Like when they show "what's on tap" or something. But maybe she was watching it with her boyfriend, ergo trying reaaaalllly hard to get interested. Who knows.

Blatant ignorance kills when it comes to hockey. I have little tolerance for it.

yeah I know a couple...

some people I work with that watched maybee 5-10 games throughout the season...

They think they know all about hockey. I think it's funny

Now they are all into it becaue it's the playoffs...

I think I missed maybe 5-10 games this season out of 82

You're a slacker. I missed ZERO, well, except for the two that weren't televised. Phoenix and Atlanta?

Put 'em in their places el crusho!

You're a slacker. I missed ZERO, well, except for the two that weren't televised. Phoenix and Atlanta?

Put 'em in their places el crusho!

I'm a slacker too, I think I missed about 5. I had to listen to a few on the radio, but I think I get a pass for that since when I listened on the radio I was on my to Buffalo to go to a game.

I went to that site and immediately found some inspiration for the rest of the series...

"All you need is faith and trust... and a little bit of pixie dust!" --Peter?Pan

So I shall turn into a fairy and sprinkle some pixie dust on Danny and Derek and Max!

Yayyyyy.

Actually, this thread about "newbie" fans reminded me of an encounter I had recently at Tops. I saw this gorgeous blonde in the produce department. 18, 19 years old, tops. 5'8, 5'9, amazing body, tight jeans. She actually caught me checking her out and when she saw my Sabres hat, she smiled. To my amazement, she walked up to me. "They're doing great. I hope they win tonight!" she said, despite the fact there was no game that night. "Oh yeah," I managed to get out, totally distracted by her mesmerizing blue eyes. "Who's your favorite player?" she inquired, biting at her bottom lip, brushing back her hair. "Uhhhhh, Banny Driere, I mean, Chris Driere, I mean... ah, I love them all." She laughed. "Mine is that Asian guy, Hee." Silence. "Who?" I asked. "I dunno his first name, but Hee does everything out there!" Not only could I not imagine who she was talking about, I couldn't even think of an Asian-born player in the NHL, let alone on the Sabres. I looked perplexed. "YOU know who Hee is," she said, touching my arm. "Hee's all over the ice! Rick Jeanneret is always saying his name!" She watched hockey! She knew who Rick Jeanneret was! She was beautiful! I was about to ask if she wanted to watch the next game with a nice, funny, older guy... "Oh, here comes my boyfriend! He'll know. Baby, what's Hee's first name?" The guy just rolled his eyes. "The guy Rick Jeanneret is talking about when he yells Hee shoots, Hee scores!"

True story! Honest. Some of it's true. Actually, just the part about me being nice, funny and older. OK, nice and older.

Archived