Kevyn Adams interview with Duffer and Biron, 3/17/2022

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Kevyn Adams interview with Duffer and Biron, 3/17/2022

Excellent interview.

Should there be some concern that it sounds like next seasons success will mostly be determined by the growth of the younger players?

Alot of the questions asked on this site were asked of Adams.

Marty or Duff, which one has the account here and what's their avatar?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Excellent interview.

Should there be some concern that it sounds like next seasons success will mostly be determined by the growth of the younger players?

The realization for everyone, and that Adams says explicitly, is that players develop at their own pace. Nothing anyone says or the amount of frustration one exhibits can alter that timeline. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

The realization for everyone, and that Adams says explicitly, is that players develop at their own pace. Nothing anyone says or the amount of frustration one exhibits can alter that timeline. 

Reality is as reality does

11 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Excellent interview.

SDS beat me to it.

IIRC he said that you can't rush a 20 year old into 24 year body. Be patient, you can't rush it. 

At the beginning of the interview he said he was shopping but they had to be the right fit, especially mentally. They also aren't big sellers. The current mental state of the locker room means more that late round picks is how I interpreted it.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

SDS beat me to it.

IIRC he said that you can't rush a 20 year old into 24 year body. Be patient, you can't rush it. 

At the beginning of the interview he said he was shopping but they had to be the right fit, especially mentally. They also aren't big sellers. The current mental state of the locker room means more that late round picks is how I interpreted it.

Right and I like the approach. 

It's a wait and see from here what moves are made and some patience with the  acclamation to the NHL of some arriving prospects. 

I guess until the goaltending is addressed there can be no real answer as to what next season will be. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.