Confidence level

Crusader1969

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

Do we actually know that?

What is the source of that info?  Was it told to us by Putin?  If so, why?

Did we learn that from spies w/in the Kremlin or FSB?  If so, why would our military/ government make that info publicly known?  Couldn't that get our spies discovered?

Did we learn that from satellite or drone surveillance?  If so, why would our military / government make that info publicly known?  Couldn't that get our methods discovered?

Was it some other means by which we learned this?

Not saying it isn't true.  Nor that it wouldn't be normal operating procedure for ANY nuclear armed country- hey, there's a war going on, better have our guys on alert just in case seems like a common sense way of approaching things.  Goes for combatants & non-combatants.  But personally, don't trust anything we hear about how a war is going until at least 48 hours after the events & really at least 96 hours.  Remember the 13 dead sailors?  Both sides are saying they did surrender & are in Russian custody.

And please realize, this isn't directed at you specifically, PA.  It just happened to be your post that stated that info.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Owen Power is going to make an immediate impact for this team 

having 2 dmen with the ability to exit their own zone in control will be a godsend for the Sabres.  

Im going to remain optimistic that there is a big turnaround next season

There could be a major turnaround if this owner and organization are committed to doing what is necessary to get better. Everything is relative when competing. If you are improving that doesn't mean that other teams aren't also improving and doing it at even a faster rate. If there isn't a more aggressive approach to upgrading the roster this offseason beyond working in the prospects in our system then outcomes won't be significantly altered.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

There could be a major turnaround if this owner and organization are committed to doing what is necessary to get better. Everything is relative when competing. If you are improving that doesn't mean that other teams aren't also improving and doing it at even a faster rate. If there isn't a more aggressive approach to upgrading the roster this offseason beyond working in the prospects in our system then outcomes won't be significantly altered.  

I’m of the opinion the team will be better next year simply because it will be adding UPL, Quinn and Power, because it should have a more effective Krebs, Cozens and Samuelsson, and because hopefully Mitts and Tuch will be around and playing up to their potential all season.

I am also of the opinion that if management thinks that’s enough, we are in for another dull ache of a season.

As far as I am concerned we need to be selling more than just fringe roster players come the trade deadline, we need to selling the cap space we have so zealously protected.

And over the next 6 months, we need to start buying.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I’m of the opinion the team will be better next year simply because it will be adding UPL, Quinn and Power, because it should have a more effective Krebs, Cozens and Samuelsson, and because hopefully Mitts and Tuch will be around and playing up to their potential all season.

I am also of the opinion that if management thinks that’s enough, we are in for another dull ache of a season.

As far as I am concerned we need to be selling more than just fringe roster players come the trade deadline, we need to selling the cap space we have so zealously protected.

You and I are riding on the same train. I believe, as I think you do, in the primacy of drafting and developing strategy of the rebuild. However, as you point out if this bedraggled organization doesn't use its other assets of cap space and parlaying some of our abundant draft capital to add more talent, then this rebuild will be needlessly and punishingly extended. As it stands what player who might be available in a trade with NMC would be willing to come to this junkyard franchise?

I'm more interested to see what this front office is going to do this offseason. If the owner allows the GM to judiciously utilize the assets that it possesses to bring in a few good players I believe that the rebuild stage would be shortened and enhanced.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Someone please list the players who in October 2022, are projected (expected) to be on the Sabres full time, who will have under 160 NHL games to their credit.

Cozens, Krebs, Quinn, Asplund, Power, Samuelsson, Bryson, Luukkonen, maybe Fitzgerald and Peterka.

If you expand that to 240, add Jokiharju, Mittelstadt, Thompson, Olofsson and Bjork.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you… That’s an awful lot of inexperience/Low experience.

I don’t like it. 

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Cozens, Krebs, Quinn, Asplund, Power, Samuelsson, Bryson, Luukkonen, maybe Fitzgerald and Peterka.

If you expand that to 240, add Jokiharju, Mittelstadt, Thompson, Olofsson and Bjork.

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

They really, really do.  The cap space they have this season is worth absolutely nothing come May 1st.  Converting some of that into assets that will have value moving into next season would be huge.

There's almost no way this team will use all its cap next year on rostered players either.  So there's opportunity to use that as well.

Use this year's cap space for picks/ prospects.  Use next year's to bring in a vet or 3 that can contribute but other teams don't have the room for.

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Thank you… That’s an awful lot of inexperience/Low experience.

I don’t like it. 

Repeating ad nauseum, we support more young players with fewer veteran players than any other team in the league.

And we keep doing it.

I know I know...there is virtually no connection from this team to that of years ago except for the fanbase....

I'm not sure what is worse..11 straight years of no playoffs and counting (good odds we get to at least 12).....or 4 out of 20 years with no playoffs (and counting).

Even with those conference finals teams in 05-06 and 06-07....THAT part of the franchise (before the current playoff drought even started), had missed the playoffs in 5 out of 9 seasons in a league where half or more of the teams make the playoffs.

20 hours ago, dudacek said:

You forgot JJ when listing new players for next season.  I’m a HUGE believer that the kid is going to be a star in the NHL

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You forgot JJ when listing new players for next season.  I’m a HUGE believer that the kid is going to be a star in the NHL

Pretty sure he will be very good in the NHL.  But not convinced he'll be ready for the NHL from the get go next year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

It’s only one game but did you watch him yesterday?  He’s ready 

Did not watch his AHL game yesterday.  Have watched several of them.  Was at 1 of his NHL games & watched the other.  Looking forward to seeing him back in the NHL after the trade deadline to see where he's at.  But, don't believe he'll be ready on day 1 in October.  Hoping he proves that wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.