OT -- North East Coast Weather

Marvin

So far we are still heavy rain right here on the Atlantic (literally) ... we are right at the ocean. 

A few kilometers inland and it's all iced over and freezing rain.  Whatever precipitation will fall it will be all day and overnight with temps falling to below freezing at some point tomorrow and snow.

We may be very lucky here on the water to have rain and then a quick change to snow, but all the water standing around (the ground is too frozen to absorb any) will freeze over and be a skating rink tomorrow.  I will take that if we don't get 24 hours of freezing rain.

Power is holding and that is my biggest concern.

Note to self ... NS, look into that damn generator again.

20 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Still just raining here at the Atlantic Ocean near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Power still on?

https://poweroutage.us/

Tennessee has been hit pretty hard.

I am a retired Powerline worker and work part time with a storm restoration company. They are currently helping in the restoration effort.

• Thanks (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Power still on?

https://poweroutage.us/

Tennessee has been hit pretty hard.

I am a retired Powerline worker and work part time with a storm restoration company. They are currently helping in the restoration effort.

Yes.  Power stayed on.  Just flickered a few times last night.

We are right on the Atlantic (literally ... a few feet away) and the temperature stayed warm enough long enough for the precip to be rain.  We had a thin layer of ice and a little snow on top.

Just a few kms inland things are very bad.  Lots of power outages around the whole province.

Thank you for your service.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I see that.  There's a lot of data displayed on the page; it wasn't clear to me what you were referring to.  Don't get washed into the ocean, okay?

The Weather Network up here is all about the drama.  Any little thing and they really play it up.  You should see the headlines.

Any warnings can only be issued by the National Weather Service, but the Weather Network are real drama queens.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

If the warning is issued by the NWS, why is it "drama" for the Weather Network to put it in a banner?  Pretty standard stuff for weather sites/apps.

It's all in their video headline click bate lines ...

*More powerful Nor'Easter barrelling towards Atlantic Canada!! Sights set on Nova Scotia!!  Film at 11!!*

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.