Brokeback Philly

elcrusho

I don't think you guys should be so immature. Big deal if a couple of homosexuals like the Flyers. At least they're cool enough to spend their hard earned dollars on hockey tickets instead of overpriced antiques or banana berry cocktails. I'm sure there have been homosexuals sitting next to you at Sabres games before, except you didn't even know it because people in Buffalo can't handle the simple fact that a couple of guys might enjoy a little oral sex together. I'm sorry if this sounds a bit didactic, but I expect more from Sabres fans, and so does the team.

I don't think you guys should be so immature. Big deal if a couple of homosexuals like the Flyers. At least they're cool enough to spend their hard earned dollars on hockey tickets instead of overpriced antiques or banana berry cocktails. I'm sure there have been homosexuals sitting next to you at Sabres games before, except you didn't even know it because people in Buffalo can't handle the simple fact that a couple of guys might enjoy a little oral sex together. I'm sorry if this sounds a bit didactic, but I expect more from Sabres fans, and so does the team.

Listen buddy, i've been accused of many things in the past... But to accuse me of sitting next to a boston bruins fan? That's just disgracefull!

True story though... My former roommate, who happened to be gay, not that it has anything to do with this story, was able to come to the 8-0 game with me. The only thing he knew about hockey was that there were a lot of games and they made me yell at the tv. He also knew that they played on a white ice surface... Well, during the third period, when it was 8-0, he made this bold statement

This hockey game is fun. Are all hockey games like this?

To which i replied:

No, Roommate, I've never seen anything like this in my life.

at the end of the game, with about 2 minutes to go, as the standing o was starting, he joined along. For that one day, i had made my friend understand!

(1) Since we're concerned with being politically correct, why are you excluding the women who read and post here by limiting your critique to "you guys?" Surely some of them are immature, too. (Note to the immature women: please contact me.)

(2) I think you're missing the point, anyway. If the gents in the photo are gay, few of us care. Their tasteless act is simply one of choosing to be Flyers fans.

two simple ideas:

1. mocking flyers fans is the height of class (no sarcasm).

2. mocking gay people is completely classless.

I think people (myself included) would just prefer is we kept the line between the two a little clearer. This ain't the 1950's.

I thought the one that said "being outed by SI" was funny. The one that called them a couple of fags was not. thats like dumping on mike grier for being a .

j

So what if you want to make fun of some gay Philly fans. It's cool to laugh at gays again, thanks to brokeback mountain. This political correctness thing has run it's course.

By the way, I have no problem with gays, or fat people, or (fill in the blank). If I see a good joke, what the hell, let's have a laugh and move on. When it's my turn to be laughed at, the only thing I find offensive is if the joke was not clever.

I went to Art College (lots of gay folk there), and I'm going to my friends guy-guy wedding in June. Most of these guys don't take the jokes too serious.

Beatings in the street, bad. Poking fun on the internet, harmless.

I think if I was sitting next to a homosexual couple at the arena, clad in jerseys and grasping each other while looking as if they were ready to shriek...I would notice.

Also...what exactly are the organization's expectations of it's homosexual fans? hahaha

Hey Topshelf, I'm a teacher and have that Greer picture on my door at school. It was the best single moment of this great year, IMO.

two simple ideas:

1. mocking flyers fans is the height of class (no sarcasm).

2. mocking gay people is completely classless.

I think people (myself included) would just prefer is we kept the line between the two a little clearer. This ain't the 1950's.

I thought the one that said "being outed by SI" was funny. The one that called them a couple of fags was not. thats like dumping on mike grier for being a .

j

Haseoke and Rabbit have it right. The spirit here is fun, not hatred. Plus, (and again you have it right), the "out" scan is funnier because the word "" indeed is incredibly offensive (consider the etymology of that word).

Let's all take a step back, a deep breath, and return to making fun of Flyers fans.

Archived