Eddie Shack

bob_sauve28

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yup.  Top goal in Sabre history, IMO.

I think I remember, Luce tossed from the faceoff and Ramsay won it against Lemaire. carried it all the way up ice... Lemaire was so pissed about losing that faceoff to a winger.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yup.  Top goal in Sabre history, IMO.

back when hockey was fun. That was a wild series.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

image.jpg

Goalie equipment hasn't evolved over the years much, now has it?  And those spears at the bottom center of the net are gone.  I think Mark Howe got seriously injured on that spear if I'm not mistaken and they changed the nets the year after.

44 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Schoney who should be hanging from The rafters, chopping Gerry hart.m

image.jpg

most overrated Sabre ever. Never forgot when Bob Kelly scored the winning goal in 75 finals, Schoenfeld was caught around center ice- how does that happen 11 seconds into a period? He was always out of position. Had maybe 2 decent seasons.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

So much fun going to those games in the 1st season as a kid...really exciting

I remember being ecstatic getting tickets to the annual open practice.  No way to get a ticket to a real game back then.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I remember being ecstatic getting tickets to the annual open practice.  No way to get a ticket to a real game back then.

Same here....parents wrapped a big box with newspaper...tickets at the bottom...tore that thing apart...open practices were great. We had partial seasons in the Oranges...2nd season obviously....sat a couple games in the grays 1st season

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

I was lucky as a kid.  The Sabres practiced at the newly built Tonawanda Rec Center in NT  (mid 70's).  That's where the NAHL team, the Buffalo Norsemen, played their home games and not coincidentally provided my avatar.  I used to go there as much as I could.  I have a fond memory of Danny Gare and Rick Martin standing at the goal line at one end of the ice and firing wrist shots the full length of the ice trying to hit the cross bar at the other end.  They must have had a few buck riding on it.  The day I saw this, Gare hit the crossbar first.  Rico was pissed and launched a slapper that went over the glass and splatted against the cinder block wall.  I can still recall the noise that puck made.  And that same puck also made its way into my pocket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.