Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NAO

10W/?L

Recommended Posts

IF the Sabres lose the next 4 games – they will be at 10 straight!

I will then be forced to call the 10W/10L phenomenon – if if ever happens again – a – "Housley"

And, I have a feeling that the team just might lose the next 4!

The 10 wins were so much fun – and so much luck! So many 1-goal games! So many fortunate bounces! Wow! Lots of fun to watch the wins – the fact that so much of the "puck luck" during the games was going their way was truly outstanding!

Oh, and, Jake McCabe! What a significant role – IMHO – he played in the winning streak! Significant but subtle! And, of course, he was contributing to the scoring too! I believe that the Sabres were winning at the point in Game 11 when he got injured. Haven't won a game since he has been out of the lineup.

I am wrong very often. Particularly when it comes to making hockey predictions. So, hopefully I am wrong when I say that I don't see the team making the playoffs.

[Cue the next 10-game-winning streak to prove me ridiculously wrong...]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NAO said:

IF the Sabres lose the next 4 games – they will be at 10 straight!

I will then be forced to call the 10W/10L phenomenon – if if ever happens again – a – "Housley"

And, I have a feeling that the team just might lose the next 4!

The 10 wins were so much fun – and so much luck! So many 1-goal games! So many fortunate bounces! Wow! Lots of fun to watch the wins – the fact that so much of the "puck luck" during the games was going their way was truly outstanding!

Oh, and, Jake McCabe! What a significant role – IMHO – he played in the winning streak! Significant but subtle! And, of course, he was contributing to the scoring too! I believe that the Sabres were winning at the point in Game 11 when he got injured. Haven't won a game since he has been out of the lineup.

I am wrong very often. Particularly when it comes to making hockey predictions. So, hopefully I am wrong when I say that I don't see the team making the playoffs.

[Cue the next 10-game-winning streak to prove me ridiculously wrong...]

Minor quibble, 4 more L's would put that streak at 9.

And McCabe, next to the 1 game of injured Hutton, has definitely been their most significant loss.  He's been playing very well in all 3 zones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to update the Lost points, but this stretch of 0-4-2 has almost wiped out the lead they had on the playoff bubble. They now need to play at a 94-point pace for the rest of the season to get to 94 points, and *maybe* make the playoffs. That's something they were not doing before the streak, and it remains to be seen if they can now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I need to update the Lost points, but this stretch of 0-4-2 has almost wiped out the lead they had on the playoff bubble. They now need to play at a 94-point pace for the rest of the season to get to 94 points, and *maybe* make the playoffs. That's something they were not doing before the streak, and it remains to be seen if they can now.

Has tomorrow's game against the Kings already been played and I missed it somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Has tomorrow's game against the Kings already been played and I missed it somehow?

I have issues counting.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Has tomorrow's game against the Kings already been played and I missed it somehow?

This is good. The first step is realizing you have a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire time we were on the streak, I kept mentioning that we can't neutralize it by losing a huge amount of games in a row, so that we just end up at .500 hockey for a 20 game stretch.

We are halfway to that being realized and that crap needs to stop! 

Win a game!
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×