Do the Owners care about the Players?

Hoss

19 hours ago, ... said:

Whenever I drive the 33, the answer I get is a solid "no".

And here I thought you would say *yes* after driving on the 33. After all, all those people waving the  *you're number 1*  finger must mean they love you!

If you really want to know how much you're loved do it in a motorhome.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1

Owners care about their players probably as much as the players care about their owners in pro sports today.

The owners cate about the health and safety of their players because that's how they make their money, by having them play and play well which they cant do if they arent healthy. And unheathy/injured players cost them money because they are paying them for no production while they heal and have to pay for a replacement. It's a business. There are some owners who take a more personal approach to their teams and players personal lives, and some that dont. Just like some players may have a more personal relationship with their owner and the owners family  while some may view their relationship as a boss/employee level.

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Only one of them sends the other out to increase the likelihood of early death.

And none of them seem to mind when they cash their lucrative paychecks. 

And we are talking about hockey players here, how many players outside of some of the old "goons" ended up dying early?

Geordie Howe, Jagr, there are guys who have played in games at much older ages then other sports.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I just hope no one ever tries to make money off of covering these players as they increase the likelihood of early death.  Or derives entertainment from watching that.  We're all pure evil, I guess.

Owners are evil and players are slaves. You just don't get it. 

On 9/27/2018 at 2:57 PM, Hoss said:

Only one of them sends the other out to increase the likelihood of early death.

I gotta ask, then why do you watch it?

Players are an asset for owners and that's it. So of course they care about their health while they are players. After retirement not so much. But really, what company does? So what, they're all rich. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I gotta ask, then why do you watch it?

Players are an asset for owners and that's it. So of course they care about their health while they are players. After retirement not so much. But really, what company does? So what, they're all rich. 

I’d also like to know how many professions don’t adversely effect one’s life expectancy. Whether it’s someone working in a mine, driving trucks, or even just sitting at a desk all day, someone’s always profiting from those health risks. None of this is anything new. It’s how the world has always worked. But sure, let’s make one industry out to look like the devil and ignore everything else out there. Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.