ROR, to keep or not to keep

LGR4GM

McKenzie had some Thoughts on ROR and The Sabres

The return mentioned here is more in line with what the board would be looking for in return for him.

The quotes are from the Charging Buffalo Twitter Account

"In my mind, the #Sabres are open for business. After the exit interviews were done I think hey realized they really need to make changes to their core."

"I don't think its a fire sale there, but I do think that if they get a call that's on just about anyone but Eichel or the 1st overall pick they're going to listen."

"I think the more practical reason why the Sabres are right now intent on trading ROR, is that the #Sabrea are trying to surround Eichel and Dahlin with younger players"

"Now the next question is who would be interested in ROR and the answer is multiple teams, everyone needs a center. Two that I would note in particular so far are the Carolina Hurricanes and the Montreal Canadiens"

"I understand the teams interested are being told it would need to be a Mike Richards to LA from PHI kind of deal. He was 26 at the time and the return was a 22 year old Wayne Simmonds, a 19 year old Brayden Schenn (was a 5th overall pick) and a 2nd round pick."

"I think the Sabres are kind of angling for that one really solid young player, one top notch prospect soon to be an NHL player and a pretty significant pick."

"Many teams would probably want to know if they have a shot at Tavares before making a move for O'Reilly. Price could go up after Tavares is signed as teams will be more desperate"

"Ill also be interested to see if the Sabres get a lot of calls on Sam Reinhart and Rasmus Ristolainen. They're younger core pieces and if you want to effect culture change trading one of those guys might accomplish the same thing."

McKenzie also mentioned that he feels in Carolina’s Situation, the fact that ROR 7.5 Million Signing Bonus due on July 1st, would delay a trade until after then, but that would increase the return for him.

Also he doesn’t believe there have been talks between Edmonton and Buffalo regarding Risto

How does the cap hit work if he's traded after 7/1? If the cap hit transfers to the new team entirely, then the savings in real dollars for a cash poor team (while making cap floor) has value.

Cap hit doesn't change, whoever trades for him saves $7.5 million for the season.

These bonus contracts are going to be at least 1/3 of the reason for the next lockout, aren't they?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.