Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ah yes, our historically great 9th place finish in turnover differential or whatever it was 

I would argue the distribution of the turnovers was important, even if the ultimate number wasn't anything special. 

Regardless of last season, our current defense looks like hot garbage for a second week in a row. They can't stop anything. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I would argue the distribution of the turnovers was important, even if the ultimate number wasn't anything special. 

Regardless of last season, our current defense looks like hot garbage for a second week in a row. They can't stop anything. 

I'd also actually specify that we were 11th in takeaways, and that number drops quite a bit if you get rid of the meaningless ones in games we lost by a lot or when we were up by 2 scores or more. 

Sometimes, you win games against the Falcons because your defense makes big plays, and that can be said for every NFL team in history 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'd also actually specify that we were 11th in takeaways, and that number drops quite a bit if you get rid of the meaningless ones in games we lost by a lot or when we were up by 2 scores or more. 

Sometimes, you win games against the Falcons because your defense makes big plays, and that can be said for every NFL team in history 

Sure, and some of those big plays were players performing at a level they are unlikely to repeat (I'm looking at you, safety duo). 

Anyway, we can re-litigate last season at some other point. During this game, I'd prefer to focus on something we agree on: how bad our current defense is.

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ah yes, our historically great 9th place finish in turnover differential or whatever it was 

You've never once actually understood what I was stating. I'll blame myself for not explaining it well enough. 

FIRST 7 GAMES LUCKIEST TEAM IN NFL HISTORY, REST OF SEASON TERRIBLE. 

Edited by inkman

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

You've never once actually understood what I was stating. I'll blame myself for not explaining it well enough. 

FIRST 7 GAMES LUCKIEST TEAM IN NFL HISTORY, REST OF SEASON TERRIBLE. 

The rest of the season in which they clinched a playoff spot with 3 wins in 4 December games, yah. 

There's a "-est team in NFL history" for five hundred different stats through two months any given season. And again, There were literally 5 interceptions in garbage time that puffed that up, and had no impact on winning or losing. When you remove those, they were literally a regular old football team winning games in regular ways. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

The rest of the season in which they clinched a playoff spot with 3 wins in 4 December games, yah. 

There's a "-est team in NFL history" for five hundred different stats through two months any given season. And again, There were literally 5 interceptions in garbage time that puffed that up. When you remove those, they were literally a regular old football team winning games in regular ways. 

Weren't they 22nd in points for and 26th in points against. Does that sound like a good team?

Just now, inkman said:

Just no reason to kick a FG here. Loser mentality. They should just fire McBean after the game and cut Allen. These bozos dont know what they are doing. 

Coach has money on the first TD of the season being a Peterman strike, we won't be seeing them go for TDs until Allen gets hurt next quarter

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Just no reason to kick a FG here. Loser mentality. They should just fire McBean after the game and cut Allen. These bozos dont know what they are doing. 

For the season. I'll look it up when I can

Well it wouldn't surprise me if the offense was only 22nd, it wasn't good. I'd be curious about the defense's points per game being skewed by that three week stretch (that hurt them accordingly, all losses, it's not as if they undeservedly had those games credit towards the playoffs) where they allowed like 150 points. 

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Coach has money on the first TD of the season being a Peterman strike, we won't be seeing them go for TDs until Allen gets hurt next quarter

Well it wouldn't surprise me if the offense was only 22nd, it wasn't good. I'd be curious about the defense's points per game being skewed by that three week stretch (that hurt them accordingly, all losses, it's not as if they undeservedly had those games credit towards the playoffs) where they allowed like 150 points. 

My whole point was they weren't a good team. I've been using hyperbole to make my point but I'll stand but what I said last season, at no point during the last 18 games, has this team resembled anything close to good.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is this a bad time to point out that I think McDermott is the one of the most safe coaches in the NFL right now?

I know this. Which isn't helping my chronic depression. 

Edmunds is not immune to struggles this week. Everyone else is trash today. 

Vikings and Packers up next ?

I think our d-line is as bad as our o-line and weapons. If they want to stay at 1 and take Bosa, I won't be mad at all, considering there are supposed to be lots of OL later on. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

My whole point was they weren't a good team. I've been using hyperbole to make my point but I'll stand but what I said last season, at no point during the last 18 games, has this team resembled anything close to good.

I know this. Which isn't helping my chronic depression. 

I guess I just think they were a 6-10 win team, like many others, and for once out of 20 years, they finally got the standings luck that every other team in that group received 4 different times during that stretch. No more, no less than that. 

THIS team, however...this reminds me of that 2011 or 2010 season, whatever it was, that took 8 weeks for the first win

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.