Eichel Named to All-Star Team

sabills

Let's not kid ourselves.   All those 1 goal losses, I count 22 of them... if he was truly generational he'd have about 55-60 points at this juncture and maybe half of those one goal losses would be flipped to victories.... vautling this team 15-18 points up the standings into a potential playoff position.   

I understand that's harsh criticism, but I believe he has the talent to do that, even on a bad team.    eg, who was Kevin Stevens before Lemieux came along?  Look what Tavares did for Moulson... those guys were on bad teams too. 

Really?  The top point getter in the league is Kucherov at 60 poitns.  There are only 9 players at 50 points or greater and 2 are Islanders, 2 are Lightning, 2 are Flyers, with Winnipeg, Calgary, and Colorado rounding out the 50+ scorers.  All teams that are near the top in offense in the league as well.

McDavid has 48 points.  

Using the P/GP.. Eichel is at .93.  Matthews is .94.  Crosby, .98, Ovechkin and McDavid are 1.09.  None of them are on teams that are just awful at offense except Eichel.

The guy is the Sabres entire offense essentially.  If any part of the team was a threat other than who was paired with him I am sure he would have more points as well.  If the power play wasn't a joke I am sure the points would be there.  Think of the number of times the pass from Risto to him on the PP has been off and Jack can't take the one-timer?

Moreover, his game has been improving since the start of the season.  I think we can all say that we're seeing that.  I do agree in that I think he can be better but looking where players are in stats I think your point totals are a bit of a stretch.

Purely looking at points, Jack had a good start to the season, with 4-7 in the first nine games. He's been hot of late, with 11-11 in the last 18. It's the stretch in between where pi's point is valid. He had three goals and five assists in 17 games, with the season withering away. That can't happen in future seasons.

Purely looking at points, Jack had a good start to the season, with 4-7 in the first nine games. He's been hot of late, with 11-11 in the last 18. It's the stretch in between where pi's point is valid. He had three goals and five assists in 17 games, with the season withering away. That can't happen in future seasons.

Why?

How slow was Crosby's start this season?  What was McDavid's pointless streak at?  Matthews production is down as well and he's playing for the best coach to have ever coached anything (according to some).

Slumps happen and are expected.  You need a TEAM that can score, not a person.

So Jack only getting 8 points in 17 games means what? Every single nhl player goes through those steaks. Mcdavid, Crosby, ovechkin. All of them have gone through 8 points in 17 games before. Eichel is a stud. He's dragging the dead carcass of an adult Buffalo around every night. The fact he's producing and producing with any winger, seems relevent.

Edited by SkuggaLiger

So Jack only getting 8 points in 17 games means what? Every single nhl player goes through those steaks. Mcdavid, Crosby, ovechkin. All of them have gone through 8 points in 17 games before. Eichel is a stud. He's dragging the dead carcass of an adult Buffalo around every night. The fact he's producing and producing with any winger, seems relevent.

What did it mean? The season was being pissed away while Jack glared at the ceiling, broke sticks and rolled his eyes (and probably sighed). This can't become a trend: team and Jack start slow, then Jack turns it on with team out of the playoff race.

Yes, he's got fantastic 5 on 5 stats, but even you have admitted that there was a BIG portion of the middle of the season to date where Jack was noticeably disconnected.  Not in a slump.  Disconnected.  It was worthy of criticism.

To his credit, he seems to have gotten a message in the last few weeks.

Edited by We've

Yes, he's got fantastic 5 on 5 stats, but even you have admitted that there was a BIG portion of the middle of the season to date where Jack was noticeably disconnected. Not in a slump. Disconnected. It was worthy of criticism.

To his credit, he seems to have gotten a message in the last few weeks.

I agree with this. And it’s exceptionally promising.

The attitude was certainly a cause for concern during that portion. But Jack wasn’t one of those kids who came pre-packaged with the default “ready for the NHL” setting, complete with press scrum cliches.

That’s not a positive in his favour, and his immaturity clearly, IMO, would occasionally show, but what matters to me is that he’s showing the ability to grow. To adapt both his game and mindset to the rigours and demands being a star in the NHL requires.

That’s promising. In many ways he was a more “raw” package as a prospect, and I think that was underplayed. And this means there is plenty more Jack Eichel potential to unlock. He’s still developing.

That’s exciting.

Edited by Bjorn Borg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.