Sabres preseason- why only 6 games?

gilbert11

So, why did the Sabres schedule only 6 preseason games? More than half the NHL played more. You'd think with a relatively young team, a new coach with new systems, and a few new players that they'd want to play as many "practice" games as they could. It'll be interesting to see how well they start the regular season.

So, why did the Sabres schedule only 6 preseason games? More than half the NHL played more. You'd think with a relatively young team, a new coach with new systems, and a few new players that they'd want to play as many "practice" games as they could. It'll be interesting to see how well they start the regular season.

When I've paid attention the Sabres always seem to be on the low end of preseason games - going back to Knox era.

Would've liked them to have 3 fewer.

Legit question, are preseason games the best means of preparing a team for the regular season?

I think in this case, with a new system to learn, HCPH wanted to spend the time instructing instead of practicing.  And in general, I suspect there's more likelihood of an injury during a preseason game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.