Front Page Redesign

Eleven

No, I'm asking. Is there supposed to be a side bar on the mobile version?

ah, no.

(Clearly for advertiser reasons) Google wants websites to offer a good mobile experience. The carrot is that if you do - you get a higher SEO ranking. That has pushed websites to abandon a fixed layout. Now, as screen resolutions go lower from desktop resolutions - the layout changes dynamically. In our case, the sidebar flows underneath the news on phones. So, when I had an infinite scroll yesterday, it kept loading more news and you could never see the sidebar content that flowed underneath it.

I've got the forum logo up there, so the header isn't as plain anymore. Looks sharp on mobile. Rather empty looking on desktop. Thinking of what information could be useful up there on desktop view.

I've got the forum logo up there, so the header isn't as plain anymore. Looks sharp on mobile. Rather empty looking on desktop. Thinking of what information could be useful up there on desktop view.

I think it looks good on mobile. That banner helps a lot.

Are you set on that Times-ish font for the article headlines? I feel like it clashes with the edgy banner font.

That little star next to the article titles seems like it could have more functionality. Right now best I can tell it just takes you to a page with the same blurb and some "related" links. Is that all we want from it?

I think it looks good on mobile. That banner helps a lot.

Are you set on that Times-ish font for the article headlines? I feel like it clashes with the edgy banner font.

That little star next to the article titles seems like it could have more functionality. Right now best I can tell it just takes you to a page with the same blurb and some "related" links. Is that all we want from it?

Make sure you hit ctrl-F5 to reload the style sheets.

- The thought process on the serif headline font is that we primarily report the news and, at least for old people like me, serif fonts have a traditional newsy feel to them. The sans-serif for the text is for readability.

- Yeah, the stars. It's complicated, but it's a legacy thing that has to deal with Google indexing the submissions (and hopefully providing a higher ranking), since the main headlines are nearly 100% external links. I'm sure there is a better way to do it.

- I decided to add red accents because red lines on white is quintessential hockey.

Anyone else having difficulty posting a reply within threads? I can't just type it in the bottom box and hit reply. I must click on 'more reply options' and then I can hit 'add reply' in there and it does work.

Is this on mobile?

I was on mobile a bit yesterday and everything worked well in this regard.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Anyone else having difficulty posting a reply within threads? I can't just type it in the bottom box and hit reply. I must click on 'more reply options' and then I can hit 'add reply' in there and it does work.

This really isn't the thread for this. I prefer not to have tangent conversations in these threads because I'd like them to stay focus because I take the feedback very seriously and I don't want to kill the conversation.

My apologies, I thought I was providing feedback. I can no longer use the 'reply' feature within a thread (desktop version). Wouldn't that be something you would want to know if it's affecting multiple users and likely occurred based on the redesign?

My apologies, I thought I was providing feedback. I can no longer use the 'reply' feature within a thread (desktop version). Wouldn't that be something you would want to know if it's affecting multiple users and likely occurred based on the redesign?

The forums are separate from the main page. They don't share any code. This is really meant as feedback for the front page. Other than moving to https I haven't touched the forums. You can try ctrl-f5 and see if that helps. Otherwise, please make a post in the customer service forum. Thanks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.