Max, Max, Max...Max

Monkeygirl

4 points for our leading scorer!!!! Yayyyyy

Max is never to be traded, you hear me Darcy, Never.

I don't care if he makes some mistakes, he is worth every Russian uhm, piece of money...err Euro I guess, whatever.

But he is awesome.

And I don't know about you guys but sometimes you just see something bad coming and I was watching Kalinin trying to get the puck out and I just knew he was gonna fumble it, just knew it, believe me or not, whatever.

Dumont looks lazy sometimes, I mean he didn't play a bad game, he just looks a little slower than the other guys on the ice at times.

6 games 'til my bones start hurting and I shake uncontrollably during power plays and penalty kills.

I feel like Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch, except I'm a girl.

I agree, Max is just exciting to watch... I loved RJ's comment "He stopped on a dime and left some change". I haven't seen many guys who can skate like him. He's just hard to catch!!

I know what you mean about something bad coming. I knew we were going to give up a goal with Fitzpatrick's boneheaded pass on the PP, and I saw the Kalinen disaster coming. I'm a little concerned about those two guys headed into the playoffs, but hopefully once Teppo comes back we'll be a little stonger back there.

Overall I think they played a pretty good defensive game tonight. I think Lydman get's the tough guy award for tonight for taking that slapper in the chest. That had to leave a mark.

Max needs to be signed to a long-term deal to keep him in Buffalo. There are few players on the roster I would be willing to "overpay" for.....Max is one of them.

pro sports are as much about entertainment these days as almost everything else and that guy can be entertaining. i could be wrong, but he is still relatively young and has the potential for some great years ahead. it feels as though it has been a while since we had a guy that could make almost 19,000 people at one time 'ooh and ahh' over his moves. yeah, occassionally he probably tries to go through too many guys, but there is just too much upside to this guy.

Max was awesome last night. When we play a skating team like Ottawa, and the game is back-and-forth like that, he's like a force of nature out there. Electrifying.

One interesting point about Max that I heard Lindy say earlier this year is that Lindy has realized, and communicated to Max, that Max could actually be a better playmaker and setup man than goalscorer -- something like 30 goals and 60 assists is better than 40 goals and 20 assists. It seems to me that Max has prioritized playmaking this year much more than in the past. He still takes plenty of shots, but he seems to make many more nice passes this year, and to look to pass much more than in the past.

Go Sabres.

That's funny. I screamed "ICE IT!" about five seconds before Kalinin's incontinent moment. Someone stepped out of the corner with the puck and some space to work with. Icing the puck really made no sense, but I guess it did! The Sens WERE putting some pressure on.

That's funny. I screamed "ICE IT!" about five seconds before Kalinin's incontinent moment. Someone stepped out of the corner with the puck and some space to work with. Icing the puck really made no sense, but I guess it did! The Sens WERE putting some pressure on.

All he had to do was get it OVER the line.... 5 ft, that was it. No more. Ughhhhhhhh

I was screaming DUMP IT OUT right before the turnover.

One interesting point about Max that I heard Lindy say earlier this year is that Lindy has realized, and communicated to Max, that Max could actually be a better playmaker and setup man than goalscorer -- something like 30 goals and 60 assists is better than 40 goals and 20 assists. It seems to me that Max has prioritized playmaking this year much more than in the past. He still takes plenty of shots, but he seems to make many more nice passes this year, and to look to pass much more than in the past.

Go Sabres.

That pass he made to Connolly was a thing of beauty. Too bad it was just too far into Tim's skates. Connolly could've made Emery look pretty silly with the amount of time he had.

That pass he made to Connolly was a thing of beauty. Too bad it was just too far into Tim's skates. Connolly could've made Emery look pretty silly with the amount of time he had.

Right on, DC Sabres. Speaking of which, I like the Connolly-Max-Kotalik line, which I think we saw last night for the 2nd time. Very exciting and fun to watch. Hopefully Al will get it going again with those 2 playmakers skating with him.

Right on, DC Sabres. Speaking of which, I like the Connolly-Max-Kotalik line, which I think we saw last night for the 2nd time. Very exciting and fun to watch. Hopefully Al will get it going again with those 2 playmakers skating with him.

And with Kotalik and Connolly together, they're pretty responsible defensively. I've seen Kotalik slam his stick against the boards a few times recently. His goalless streak is getting to him. Can't say as I blame him.

Archived