GDT:Nashville at Buffalo 2/28/16 7 pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Harrington now calling out Reinhart on twitter. Saying he expects more from someone of his draft status, and that he would trade him for a top d-man

Harrington is an imbecile.  He's been trash-talking Eichel this week and he just finished no.1 in the league in assists for February.

Harrington is an imbecile.  He's been trash-talking Eichel this week and he just finished no.1 in the league in assists for February.

He surely seems like it. I honestly don't think that guy has any idea what he's talking about. It's incredible he gets paid to spew all day 

@pham1717  1h1 hour ago
 Shots in the 2nd and 3rd period are 30-10 Nashville.

I mean, holy ######. No roster in the league is this bad. No tank roster played this bad

No tank roster had a defense this bad.  Let this sink in.  The defense now is worse than it was when we were *trying to lose*.

Tim Murray, ladies and gentlemen.  

He surely seems like it. I honestly don't think that guy has any idea what he's talking about. It's incredible he gets paid to spew ###### all day 

The subtext behind everything he tweets is that fans and teams are stupid and that everyone should just listen to wise reporters that work for newspapers (other reporters don't count).

He's a dinosaur who can't accept that it's a much different media landscape in 2017 versus 1997.

The subtext behind everything he tweets is that fans and teams are stupid and that everyone should just listen to wise reporters that work for newspapers (other reporters don't count).

He's a dinosaur who can't accept that it's a much different media landscape in 2017 versus 1997.

I get this vibe from a lot of of the Buffalo media. Schopp and the Bulldog especially 

We probably did, and we still weren't this bad then.

Yes they were. I guarantee you we don't sniff the shots against or goals against numbers from the tank years this season. 

I agree with your general point about the play from our defensemen, but the exaggeration here is massive, and I place a lot of blame on the structure that they are forced to play in. All while still being critical if GMTM. 

it's funny how when the team loses it's the coach's fault but when it wins, it's never to the coach's credit. Players have to be better.

Cause even when they win, Harrington, they're outplayed, outshot, out chanced, and out everything else. It's almost as if you don't follow the games

Wel tbf we all loved that Moulson signing, McCormick wasn't for anything but a roster spot, Gorges and Gionta were for leadership (and while Gorges blows, he's done that. And Gionta has more than lived up to the bill), Lehner has been amazing lately, and, well, Bogosian sucks

I do wonder this a lot with Dan. Stretch passes from behind our net aren't exactly doing favors for our d-men

I think McCormick is a perfect example.  Great team player, yet got a 3 year 4.5M deal.  At the time it happened, I think the overall thought was, "good for him", but somehow we were so far up against the cap this year we couldn't bring in some of the better young players from Rochester to help out.  And what leverage could he possibly have had to be overpaid probably 2x his worth?

You can argue the same for Deslauriers, who is signed for another year on a one way deal.  On the face of it, may not seem like a huge deal, but this is a cutthroat game where little mistakes add up.

I guess my overall point is, he seems to give out money that doesn't need to be given.  Gionta at that point in his career getting 4M per is dubious.  And given the disarray we currently find ourselves in, not sure we can point to his leadership.  Add that to bringing on dead weight like Gorges and Bogosian, and here we are.

Frustrating. 

I think McCormick is a perfect example.  Great team player, yet got a 3 year 4.5M deal.  At the time it happened, I think the overall thought was, "good for him", but somehow we were so far up against the cap this year we couldn't bring in some of the better young players from Rochester to help out.  And what leverage could he possibly have had to be overpaid probably 2x his worth?

You can argue the same for Deslauriers, who is signed for another year on a one way deal.  On the face of it, may not seem like a huge deal, but this is a cutthroat game where little mistakes add up.

I guess my overall point is, he seems to give out money that doesn't need to be given.  Gionta at that point in his career getting 4M per is dubious.  And given the disarray we currently find ourselves in, not sure we can point to his leadership.  Add that to bringing on dead weight like Gorges and Bogosian, and here we are.

Frustrating. 

Well that deal for McCormick is still absurdly cheap. We needed to reach the cap floor, and him, Moulson, Gorges, and Gionta weren't bad signings to do that. Also, at the time, Rochester was beyond bare. It wasn't until this year that they've had actual NHL talent

Des is a mess.

Gionta has been worth every penny. I hate Gorges but it's hard to fault GMTM on the signing at the time. Bogosian is another story, he is miserable 

Well that deal for McCormick is still absurdly cheap. We needed to reach the cap floor, and him, Moulson, Gorges, and Gionta weren't bad signings to do that. Also, at the time, Rochester was beyond bare. It wasn't until this year that they've had actual NHL talent

Des is a ###### mess.

Gionta has been worth every penny. I hate Gorges but it's hard to fault GMTM on the signing at the time. Bogosian is another story, he is miserable 

Agree on Gionta playing up to that (considering he was a free agent), but McCormick at anything above veteran minimum is a scary proposition to me.  I understand the point of getting to the floor, but the term of some of these deals is the part that makes me question him. 

I would have much rather Murray handed out larger one year deals to reach the floor to keep his options open.  To be as bad a team as we are at this point and also be up against the cap is a black eye for a GM. 

Agree on Gionta playing up to that (considering he was a free agent), but McCormick at anything above veteran minimum is a scary proposition to me.  I understand the point of getting to the floor, but the term of some of these deals is the part that makes me question him. 

I would have much rather Murray handed out larger one year deals to reach the floor to keep his options open.  To be as bad a team as we are at this point and also be up against the cap is a black eye for a GM. 

It's hard to convince a player, let alone a fan base, to sign a player like McCormick for 1 year at $7m per. McCormick's contract is the least of our worries. Every gm gives contracts like that. They're easily removable at any time. It's the Bogosian and Moulsons' we have to worry about 

It's over folks. We can't finish last but we're only 5 out of 28th!!!! Time to sell. Hate to say bye to Kane but his value will never be higher that right now. 

Get any D you can. Get a coach who will let his best player play more than he has. Can you imagine if Connor McDavid wasn't ridden by their coach, especially when he's really on? 

Progress has been made but puck possession is key in this league and this team doesn't have enough of it. 

Get anything you can for Gorges, Ennis, Foligno, to name a few. Gionta has been very good. Goodnight

It's hard to convince a player, let alone a fan base, to sign a player like McCormick for 1 year at $7m per. McCormick's contract is the least of our worries. Every gm gives contracts like that. They're easily removable at any time. It's the Bogosian and Moulsons' we have to worry about 

It would have been awesome to watch Milbury's head explode if we gave John Scott one year for 9M.  Kind of wish I had a time machine to make it happen....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.