OT: The American Side

Eleven

For those not familiar, it's on Netflix now; it's a Matthew Broderick production shot in Buffalo / NF in 2014 and released to art theaters in 2016.  It never was intended to hit regular cinemas.

Anyway.  There are a LOT of shots of Buffalo.  It's pretty amazing.  My parents, last night, picked out the "Mayflower Apartments" (in the movie) as the Stuyvesant Apartments on Elmwood, for example.  City Hall, Chippewa, hell, even We Never Close, it's all there.

Anyway again, the protagonist orders a drink about 35 minutes in.  Broderick:  "Top shelf?"  Protagonist:  "Where mama hide the cookies."

EDIT:  Had to tell you all where to find it.

EDIT 2:  Holy ######, at about 42-43 mins in, he's parking under the Skyway near the arena, just like we all have.

Edited by Eleven

Dunno.  Do Statler and Waldorf get royalties when you post?

(Love ya bud.)

And once again reading SabreSpace while eating lunch proves to be a bad idea...

I am now cleaning up a few food bits that may have just sprayed everywhere.

I tossed em some bucks on their kickstarter and got a "Top shelf where mamma hides the cookies" Tshirt for my troubles. Then I saw it at the North Park Theater when it came through. Funny and a lot of Buffalo references and polish jokes. Not an amazing film, but definitely worth an hour and a half of your time if you are a Buffalo-phile.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.