Buffalo vs Edmonton: Who Has the Better Season?

WildCard

PICK  

41 members have voted

1. 1. God dammit are these mandatory boxes annoying

• Buffalo
    • Edmonton

I for one am completely sold on Lehner. The games he did play (while recovering) were good to great and everything I've read about him says he's a never say die, never quit kind of player. I don't think he'll miss a moment of PT or training and spend every day working and getting back up to top form. I wouldn't be surprised if he blows all expectations out of the water and he strikes me as the kind of guy that is motivated by people doubting him instead of letting it shake his confidence.

I think the oilers will be within 5 points of the Sabres come season end.

As for the ankle sprain, the syndosmodic ligament in the upper ankle is the main culprit and plays a huge part in stability, the blood flow to the sprain is not the same as the rest of the joint (bone, etc) it also depends on what grade sprain it was. Healing time for that particular ligament is usually 6 months on average, but is easily compromised in the next year or so after the initial injury. It's not a career ender, but for a goaltender it does raise some questions going forward. In this case a break would have been better.

Stability! I could step on a poker chip (heal) and lose my balance. Confidence! It's always on my mind. The knee and hip (because of the knee and ankle) get sore, but I have confidence. I think I was grade 3. I wasn't the worst.

I was diligent, but suspect Lehner's rehabbing more earnestly than me.

I remember Mogilny returned from a brutal HAS, although it took a long time.

Grateful ....

Edited by N'eo

I think Edmonton has leadership issues to sort out and are still too small and fragile up front.     Lucic and Larsson help, but still too many mismatched pieces there.  

BUF improved by 25 points last season, EDM only 8.     I see a 10-15 point improvement for both teams putting BUF in the 90-95 range, and EDM around 80-85 points.

I think Edmonton has leadership issues to sort out and are still too small and fragile up front.     Lucic and Larsson help, but still too many mismatched pieces there.  

BUF improved by 25 points last season, EDM only 8.     I see a 10-15 point improvement for both teams putting BUF in the 90-95 range, and EDM around 80-85 points.

I could see EDM improving more, if they have the services of McJesus for most of the season.  If he stays healthy they'll be a lot better.  I think.

Stability! I could step on a poker chip (heal) and lose my balance. Confidence! It's always on my mind. The knee and hip (because of the knee and ankle) get sore, but I have confidence. I think I was grade 3. I wasn't the worst.

I was diligent, but suspect Lehner's rehabbing more earnestly than me.

I remember Mogilny returned from a brutal HAS, although it took a long time.

Grateful ....

From playing tennis I have suffered some bad ATFL sprains in the ankle (most common sprain in the body) those heal now in days because I've stretched the ligament so much, however my ankle will buckle much easier because the ligament has become so lax.

A high ankle is just such a different animal. I am positive he is rehabbing properly and by season start that it should be sturdy enough, if it happens again though on the same side, I suspect he misses the remainder of the season, at which point, I think the Sabres are screwed.

I think with healthy Mc Jesus and etc though, Edmonton will have a better season that many predicting.

From playing tennis I have suffered some bad ATFL sprains in the ankle (most common sprain in the body) those heal now in days because I've stretched the ligament so much, however my ankle will buckle much easier because the ligament has become so lax.

A high ankle is just such a different animal. I am positive he is rehabbing properly and by season start that it should be sturdy enough, if it happens again though on the same side, I suspect he misses the remainder of the season, at which point, I think the Sabres are screwed.

I think with healthy Mc Jesus and etc though, Edmonton will have a better season that many predicting.

Stretched ligaments in hs from running and rolling too... skating and biking made all the difference.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.