Ranked: NHL Fan Bases Faith in Their Front Office

LGR4GM

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-much-confidence-does-each-nhl-fan-base-have-in-their-front-office-a-ranking-of-all-30-teams/

"No team has been as spectacularly bad as the Sabres have been over the past few years and it takes a master architect of destruction to get those results. The biggest strength of this front office is its vision for what it takes to build a winning franchise. Now they’ve got Sam Reinhart, Jack Eichel and Alex Nylander in consecutive drafts to show for it. It was painful, but it’ll be worth it in the long run."

We are 9th but surprisingly Colorado was not 30th. I do like seeing Boston way down the list of suck at #28. Discuss.

Edited by LGR4GM

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-much-confidence-does-each-nhl-fan-base-have-in-their-front-office-a-ranking-of-all-30-teams/

"No team has been as spectacularly bad as the Sabres have been over the past few years and it takes a master architect of destruction to get those results. The biggest strength of this front office is its vision for what it takes to build a winning franchise. Now they’ve got Sam Reinhart, Jack Eichel and Alex Nylander in consecutive drafts to show for it. It was painful, but it’ll be worth it in the long run."

We are 9th but surprisingly Colorado was not 30th. I do like seeing Boston way down the list of suck at #28. Discuss.

Yeh discussed on GR this am heard online this am on ride in... Meh slow news day.

Without looking, I'll try and guess the top 5 and bottom 5

1: Chicago

2: Tampa Bay

3: LA

4: Detroit

5: Dallas

25: Arizona (young kid)

26: Vancouver

27: Ottawa

28: Boston (heard this before)

29: Colorado

30: Edmonton

Eh, got 3/5 in the bottom, and 1/5 in the top. How in the hell I missed Pitt and Washington is beyond me

And let's try this: from 1-10, what is your level of confidence in the Sabres management? I'll go 8

Edited by WildCard

Without looking, I'll try and guess the top 5 and bottom 5

1: Chicago

2: Tampa Bay

3: LA

4: Detroit

5: Dallas

25: Arizona (young kid)

26: Vancouver

27: Ottawa

28: Boston (heard this before)

29: Colorado

30: Edmonton

Eh, got 3/5 in the bottom, and 1/5 in the top. How in the hell I missed Pitt and Washington is beyond me

And let's try this: from 1-10, what is your level of confidence in the Sabres management? I'll go 8

FWIW, Detroit fans desperately want their GM gone.

6-7 until we start winning, then it moves to 8 and can be higher if Tim and Dan show they know how to build and use a defense, and/or we win multiple playoff rounds.

FWIW, Detroit fans desperately want their GM gone.

6-7 until we start winning, then it moves to 8 and can be higher if Tim and Dan show they know how to build and use a defense, and/or we win multiple playoff rounds.

Really? Why? He's lead them to nearly 20 years of playoffs. Sure, lately it's been bad, but you can't win them all

Edited by WildCard

Really? Why? He's lead them to nearly 20 years of playoffs. Sure, lately it's been bad, but you can't win them all

Their current team composition is not good, they haven't actually won a playoff round in a long time, they feel like they're treading water trying to continue the playoff streak and not rebuilding when they should have started a couple years ago.

Their current team composition is not good, they haven't actually won a playoff round in a long time, they feel like they're treading water trying to continue the playoff streak and not rebuilding when they should have started a couple years ago.

Hadn't thought of that, I could understand that position. It's the same way Vancouver feels, and we all used to feel

Montreal needs to rebuild fast too. They are so shallow.

They traded a franchise defenseman who grew up dreaming to wear that sweater, respected the hell out of it by putting in maximum effort every time he took the ice, watched them give the C to a guy who only scores empty net goals for months at a time and didn't say a word, had his wonderful personality that the NHL is obviously not yet ready for constantly constrained by ownership, and gave countless hours and dollars and love to the community. Because apparently you don't win with high skill guys like that who aren't robots. You "build like Chicago" (a team made up of high skill guys) and pretend your best non-goalie player by far was the problem, instead of the worst forward lineup in the NHL for a good stretch of time and garbage coaching.

Meanwhile, Desharnais will continue to get top six center ice time.

Montreal needs to do nothing but simmer in the pile of hot garbage they've created for a decade. Their management deserves it.

They traded a franchise defenseman who grew up dreaming to wear that sweater, respected the hell out of it by putting in maximum effort every time he took the ice, watched them give the C to a guy who only scores empty net goals for months at a time and didn't say a word, had his wonderful personality that the NHL is obviously not yet ready for constantly constrained by ownership, and gave countless hours and dollars and love to the community. Because apparently you don't win with high skill guys like that who aren't robots. You "build like Chicago" (a team made up of high skill guys) and pretend your best non-goalie player by far was the problem, instead of the worst forward lineup in the NHL for a good stretch of time and garbage coaching.

Meanwhile, Desharnais will continue to get top six center ice time.

Montreal needs to do nothing but simmer in the pile of hot garbage they've created for a decade. Their management deserves it.

Pretty much, and still they aren't building like Chicago since they didn't trade Kane due to "locker room" stuff or even his rape allegations. Subban is effectively being tossed away because he was too big of a personality to work in Montreal's supposed system. I love Shea Weber, but he isn't 26 anymore, and within 5 years he'll become far more of a one trick pony since I doubt his shot will dissipate entirely. To a degree, they traded Subban for being to good in the community and too colorful as a personality. I hope Subban scores 7 goals in the 2 games he plays against Montreal next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.