Briere, Hecht & Mair are all playing tonight...

LabattBlue

Novotny was still in the lineup on Saturday, right? He'd be out before Pominville or Vanek.

I tell you what. I've seen more out of Novotny in terms of effort in past games than Pominville or Vanek. I'd keep Novotny in the lineup.

apparently Peters may play... which sucks but if that does happen, it looks like they will scratch Pyatt, Novotney, Vanek and then either Pominville or Fitzpatrick/Kalinin depending on what they want to do about the D.

Personally I think dressing Peters is a total waste of a spot, dressing him for one shift a period is a waste. Dress Pominville or Novotney and at least you can use them on special teams too.

We'll see how it goes, I just hope we play better, I don't care who is wearing the jersey, just play hard and get the edge back.

Personally I think dressing Peters is a total waste of a spot, dressing him for one shift a period is a waste.

Well considering that Domi and company were running players like it was their job on Saturday, I have no reservations about Peters playing! Only Gaustad had the balls to do anything about it on Saturday!!

Well considering that Domi and company were running players like it was their job on Saturday, I have no reservations about Peters playing! Only Gaustad had the balls to do anything about it on Saturday!!

Yeah, Gaustad really kicked Belak's hand with his face. I just wish the fight would've happened about two periods sooner.

if you re-read my post it says "dressing him for one shift a period is a waste" and I don't care what he does with that one shift, it is a waste. A roster spot for 2:00 of ice time is a waste.

I agree that the Leafs had thier elbows up and were hitting like crazy, but we need to do more than have Peters get into a fight once a period to win games like that and Peters doesn't bring enough to the table to justify him dressing (IMHO). Dressing Pominville, Pyatt, or Novotney gives you someone who can play and contribute in any situation. Even strength, PK or PP. If you are going to dress Peters, then tell him he has to play a regular shift and work his butt off like the rest of the team and get him to play a complete game, don't put him out there just when you want to "mix it up"...

long story short, if you are going to dress Peters, play him with his line mates every time it's their "turn" to be on the ice even strength. If you can't do this or don't have confidence in this, then you don't dress the guy. Again, this is just my opinion.

apparently Peters may play... which sucks but if that does happen, it looks like they will scratch Pyatt, Novotney, Vanek and then either Pominville or Fitzpatrick/Kalinin depending on what they want to do about the D.

Personally I think dressing Peters is a total waste of a spot, dressing him for one shift a period is a waste. Dress Pominville or Novotney and at least you can use them on special teams too.

We'll see how it goes, I just hope we play better, I don't care who is wearing the jersey, just play hard and get the edge back.

I'm never in favor of dressing Peters. Bench Vanek or any other forward, but if you do, bring up Paille from Rochester.

PETERS IS USELESS!!! :angry:

I'm never in favor of dressing Peters. Bench Vanek or any other forward, but if you do, bring up Paille from Rochester.

PETERS IS USELESS!!! :angry:

Hell...Let's get Peters some time on the PP. Maybe he can spit in the goalie's eyes or something.

As sarcastic as this post is, it HAS been awhile since I've seen the Sabres get anyone in front of the net on the PP. Of course, we've had enough problems getting pucks on net just shooting through defensemen without adding more obstructions into the mix.

Peters is just what this team needs right now. Someone with some guts to go out, show some emotion and fire this team up. Plus, it's always fun watching Domi get his ass beat. Someone besides Gaustad needs to stick up for these babies as of late.

Peters is just what this team needs right now. Someone with some guts to go out, show some emotion and fire this team up. Plus, it's always fun watching Domi get his ass beat. Someone besides Gaustad needs to stick up for these babies as of late.

I agree, this whole slump is all about the fact that this team wilts in the face of aggressive play. I know its not supposed to be a hard hitting, tough team but show some freakin backbone out there...this IS hockey, right? It's not ballet. Anyways, I am only in favor of putting Peters in there if Lindy is going to play him just like everyone else, and not give him 1:50 in ice time...that is ridiculous, why even have him in there.

I hope you are right about Mair, I think he will provide a major spark and he will be a great playoff player. And Hecht is more important to this team than I think people realize. He'll be a huge boost, and maybe these two can bring some of that "veteran leadership" that has been absent in the last 10 games.....I guess Drury didn't want to take that mouthpiece out that he's always chewing on in order to motivate his teammates <_<

I agree, this whole slump is all about the fact that this team wilts in the face of aggressive play. I know its not supposed to be a hard hitting, tough team but show some freakin backbone out there...this IS hockey, right? It's not ballet. Anyways, I am only in favor of putting Peters in there if Lindy is going to play him just like everyone else, and not give him 1:50 in ice time...that is ridiculous, why even have him in there.

I hope you are right about Mair, I think he will provide a major spark and he will be a great playoff player. And Hecht is more important to this team than I think people realize. He'll be a huge boost, and maybe these two can bring some of that "veteran leadership" that has been absent in the last 10 games.....I guess Drury didn't want to take that mouthpiece out that he's always chewing on in order to motivate his teammates <_<

Can I please have that mask for the playoff games...where the hell did you find that?? :D

Hecht comes back, and now hes gone again

So now who do we hate more Kasperitus or Tucker?

I think Ruff is gonna push Regier to get Rob Ray back for the next Leafs game and his opening line will include Ray, Peters, Gaustad All lining up next to Tucker to give him the beating he deserves

Too bad we didn't get Bertuzzi at the deadline, we could have used his skills for one game

Hecht comes back, and now hes gone again

So now who do we hate more Kasperitus or Tucker?

I think Ruff is gonna push Regier to get Rob Ray back for the next Leafs game and his opening line will include Ray, Peters, Gaustad All lining up next to Tucker to give him the beating he deserves

Too bad we didn't get Bertuzzi at the deadline, we could have used his skills for one game

I believe Tucker is scheduled to have the flu April 16... <_<

Archived