Dog Days Are Over: 2015-16 Season Recap Video

Eichel Tower

Great work.

I can't ever shake the association that that song has with the Pegula Day video that was created some 5 years ago.

Link?

ET, I have to admit, I really thought this was video was a repost from sabres.com. High praise. Wonderfully done. I loved the interlude in the middle with shots of the city, and the ending was perfect.

Link?

ET, I have to admit, I really thought this was video was a repost from sabres.com. High praise. Wonderfully done. I loved the interlude in the middle with shots of the city, and the ending was perfect.

I really think that Buffalo has transformed itself onto a very nice city.

Gone are the images from the 70's to the early 90's that I remember from my youth and middle age.

I really think that Buffalo has transformed itself onto a very nice city.

Gone are the images from the 70's to the early 90's that I remember from my youth and middle age.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I agree. I remember making a disparaging remark about the city a few years ago -- it was almost ironic in nature, but still... -- and Eleven took me to the woodshed. I'm sorry I made it. I was in town the other day. Maybe it was the gorgeous weather,  maybe it was the good news my friend had gotten at Roswell, and maybe it was wings talking, but we both remarked heading down Main St. what a bum rap the city gets. There was construction ongoing around the hospital, the theater district looked cool and there were people streaming into the ball park for opening day.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I agree. I remember making a disparaging remark about the city a few years ago -- it was almost ironic in nature, but still... -- and Eleven took me to the woodshed. I'm sorry I made it. I was in town the other day. Maybe it was the gorgeous weather,  maybe it was the good news my friend had gotten at Roswell, and maybe it was wings talking, but we both remarked heading down Main St. what a bum rap the city gets. There was construction ongoing around the hospital, the theater district looked cool and there were people streaming into the ball park for opening day.

There has been significant progress in a lot of areas.

Some of the hard economic data -- I'm thinking specifically of job growth -- remains stubbornly troubling.

Link?

Same here, on both fronts. The Sabres video sucked because all it was was Eichel and Chad Johnson highlights, and each showed the same play from 6 different angles. This video was awesome, especially the middle 

There has been significant progress in a lot of areas.

Some of the hard economic data -- I'm thinking specifically of job growth -- remains stubbornly troubling.

Truth. 

There's a lot of good investment going on, but there are still a lot of people not doing too well. The east side down near the central terminal is just depressing. I wish part of Buffalo's revitalization could include these areas too, and not in that gentrification kinda way that pushes good people out of their neighborhoods. 

This town still needs jobs. And more diversity in the types of jobs, especially at the professional level. 

That said, I think we're on the right track. There are people in City Hall looking for those job markets that are "the next big thing". Buffalo needs that. It needs to be a hub for things. 

And Byron Brown has been a good Mayor. 

There are people in City Hall looking for those job markets that are "the next big thing". Buffalo needs that. It needs to be a hub for things. 

As much as I dislike the prominent public role that someone like the Governor has with regard to investments in certain industries (not getting into that here), I agree that "wagers" on up and coming industries are what this area probably needs in order to rebound in a meaningful way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.