Price vs. Lundqvist, legit question?

mjd1001

I"m serious when I ask this...I'm looking for opinions.

When listening to the radio (sometimes 590 out of Toronto), and watching national games (many of Hockey Night in Canada), the prevailing opinion is Carey Price is the best goalie in the world, hands down, not even a debate.

I'm not saying he isn't one of the best, or even the best, but why do so many 'experts' make it sound like it is slam dunk, no discussion needed?

When comparing Price to Lundqvist, Price's GAA for his career is lower than Lundqvist.  Last year is GAA was better, but over the past 5 years combined (recent history), Lundqvist is better. Lundqvist has a better GAA in the playoffs, both career and in the past few seasons. Both of them have taken their teams pretty far in the playoffs, but not won the cup.  Even if you look at Save percentage, Lundqvist is slightly higher for the career, and if you just look at the last 4-5 years...he is better there overall.

Once again, If someone tells me they think Price is better, I'm not going to call them a liar and argue...I just want to know why so many 'experts' I hear on the radio and TV say Price is better, hands down without a discussion?  Is it just because a lot of the Hockey press is Canadaian, and so is Price?

Henrik has had a better career, but Price is probably the best there is right now, and he has been for the past two seasons 

Been injured to much to call him the best though , Doubt the canadians would trade price, but interesting to see a rookie goalie performing really for the habs.

They had the same problem with Halak - Price, When price came up.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.