Evan Rodigues Signs with Sabres Confirmed 2 YR Deal

Brawndo

• 3 weeks later...

I was just watching this exact video and came to see if it was posted...that whole drive at 1:20 is absolutely, downright dirty! This kid is definitely better than Brian Flynn, folks. (First liner? Probably not. But I could see him being a hell of a 3rd liner.)

Still wish we knew what happened with O'Connor and Bailey, I really wanted the two of them...Bailey could be a Chris Kreider or a Kevin Hayes.

I was just watching this exact video and came to see if it was posted...that whole drive at 1:20 is absolutely, downright dirty! This kid is definitely better than Brian Flynn, folks. (First liner? Probably not. But I could see him being a hell of a 3rd liner.)

Still wish we knew what happened with O'Connor and Bailey, I really wanted the two of them...Bailey could be a Chris Kreider or a Kevin Hayes.

We do know what happened with Bailey - his dad said that Buffalo wouldn't guarantee him a few NHL games right away and that was the difference between Toronto and us.

O'Connor was out early on us. No clue what happened. Could have been Murray wasn't interested or maybe O'Connor wasn't. Who cares.

Why is he better than Flynn? Flynn produced every year of his college career pretty well above what Rodrigues did, except his senior year. He didn't have a Jack Eichel to feed off of that year like Rodrigues did. Spenser Abbott was a very good college player but he was no Eichel.

Those Maine teams were not very good, so his numbers are very good despite that. Sure he got to skate with Nyqvist a couple years, but he remained very productive without him. The Flynn comparison is a very good starting point on this discussion.

Why is he better than Flynn? Flynn produced every year of his college career pretty well above what Rodrigues did, except his senior year. He didn't have a Jack Eichel to feed off of that year like Rodrigues did. Spenser Abbott was a very good college player but he was no Eichel.

Those Maine teams were not very good, so his numbers are very good despite that. Sure he got to skate with Nyqvist a couple years, but he remained very productive without him. The Flynn comparison is a very good starting point on this discussion.

I think he's got a little catching up to do with Flynn. Rodrigues is a long shot to play in the NHL. 

I think he's got a little catching up to do with Flynn. Rodrigues is a long shot to play in the NHL. 

And I don't feel like it's a bad thing to be compared to Brian Flynn.  I'll be very curious to see what happens to him if he ever makes it onto a team that actually has first line talent.  Once he's not asked to do far more than he's capable of, he may very well turn into quite the serviceable bottom 6 forward.  There's no shame in that.

And I don't feel like it's a bad thing to be compared to Brian Flynn.  I'll be very curious to see what happens to him if he ever makes it onto a team that actually has first line talent.  Once he's not asked to do far more than he's capable of, he may very well turn into quite the serviceable bottom 6 forward.  There's no shame in that.

None at all. 

All I know is I have hope because I'm blown away by Tyler Johnson - who's almost like Martin St. Louis 2.0.

Of course, Cory Conacher was an undrafted undersize free agent, too.

I wonder where Rodrigues will fall on the Conacher - Flynn - Johnson - St. Louis spectrum.

I think it also depends on whether the coach gives him a shot back on Eichel's wing.

How about if Reinhart starts in Rochester, and they play Rodrigues with him, and maybe Carrier or Baptiste, and they develop some great chemistry?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.