FN Arena atmosphere

SabresFanInRochester

• 4 months later...

I had a talk with Brett Hull 15 years ago.  No, really, I did.  It was about a year after they beat the Sabres in the finals.  One of the things I brought up was that my feeling that the Stars' fan base was kind spoiled, getting a Cup win after only 6 years in Dallas, but that I changed my mind at the end of the next season when the fans gave the Stars a standing ovation when they lost the Cup finals the next year to the Devils.

I went to the Stars-Sabres game on Nov. 21 this year.  The atmosphere in the arena was electric.  However, I felt the arena sound and video was.... too much.  At every stoppage in play there was just non-stop loud noise, some of which just seemed be noise for the sake of noise. HOWEVER.... the Dallas fans were also electric.  Warm weather city, sure, but the Stars fans are dedicated fans.  I think even without the noise, the fans would have carried the team.

I was reminded of this as I watch the Stars-Philly game tonight.  The fans are very, very noisy.  The Stars were down 1-0, but the fans brought the energy that led to 2 Stars goals.

I think we saw that the first few games in Buffalo, with everyone excited about Eichel.  As the team has slid through the standings, though, the sense I get is that the Sabres fans are not not bringing it.  Hard to blame them really.  I just hope that as they pick up their play, the fans will do their part to energize the team, even when they're down.

two major factors at play....

1. the bum-out factor of knowing we're (until proven otherwise) not very good.  the crowds sounded pretty loud early in the year but have really tapered off as reality has set in.

2. the MORONS who run the show in these buildings destroy any chance to get the fans warmed up by blasting them half to death with light and music at every stoppage.  if these dipsticks haven't figured out by now that it takes the crowd OUT of the game, i seriously doubt they ever well.  and i have ESPECIALLY little faith in that toad Russ Brandon to figure this out.  

2. the MORONS who run the show in these buildings destroy any chance to get the fans warmed up by blasting them half to death with light and music at every stoppage.  if these dipsticks haven't figured out by now that it takes the crowd OUT of the game, i seriously doubt they ever well.  and i have ESPECIALLY little faith in that toad Russ Brandon to figure this out.  

The same morons run the American Airlines Center apparently, and the Stars fans were clearly IN the game.

two major factors at play....

1. the bum-out factor of knowing we're (until proven otherwise) not very good.  the crowds sounded pretty loud early in the year but have really tapered off as reality has set in.

The same morons run the American Airlines Center apparently, and the Stars fans were clearly IN the game.

Ok lets slow this down a little and try to find some common ground to build from. Can we all at least agree that these folks are all actually morons?

2. the MORONS who run the show in these buildings destroy any chance to get the fans warmed up by blasting them half to death with light and music at every stoppage. if these dipsticks haven't figured out by now that it takes the crowd OUT of the game, i seriously doubt they ever well. and i have ESPECIALLY little faith in that toad Russ Brandon to figure this out.

I just don't know if this is accurate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.