GDT: Tampa vs Buffalo, 12/31/14, 1800

wjag

I'm starting to really tire of Drew Stafford and his guitar antics as well as the revolving 4 headed defensive beast known as Strachan/Weber/ Benoit/Meszaros. I think these defensemen have been brought here not as long term solutions or any kind of investment, but as mere placeholders for the youths down on the farm. Not sure why Pysyk hasn't been given extended time here. Ruwhedel should be given a chance too. But GMTM has to get off his duff and do something about this logjam at defense. Besides Risto/Zadorov/GorgesThey're all horrible, including Myers.

I'm starting to really tire of Drew Stafford and his guitar antics as well as the revolving 4 headed defensive beast known as Strachan/Weber/ Benoit/Meszaros. I think these defensemen have been brought here not as long term solutions or any kind of investment, but as mere placeholders for the youths down on the farm. Not sure why Pysyk hasn't been given extended time here. Ruwhedel should be given a chance too. But GMTM has to get off his duff and do something about this logjam at defense. Besides Risto/Zadorov/GorgesThey're all horrible, including Myers.

Ruhwedel is not a NHL defenseman

Hey. You should post more often!

Naaah, my english isn't that great so I choose the lurker life instead. Otherwise the grammar nazis would have to bust their ###### off.

Weber is just fine, the others might not even be ECHL D.

have seen way too many horrible defensive lapses from him to call him fine. He's not been the worst off the lot this year, but he has been a damn fine tool in the tankbox these past seasons.. The physical presence does not help when he leaves the slot wide open. I'm not a statistics guy but it seems like we never have possession when he's on the ice. Edited by Dannepanne

Naaah, my english isn't that great so I choose the lurker life instead. Otherwise the grammar nazis would have to bust their ###### off.

No, it's OK, friend. Come on out. We'll be nice. Look what we've got for you...

post-136-0-47474000-1420211536_thumb.jpg

That's it. That's it. See, we're not so bad.

No, it's OK, friend. Come on out. We'll be nice. Look what we've got for you...

post-136-0-47474000-1420211536_thumb.jpg

That's it. That's it. See, we're not so bad.

dang it! The swedish stereotype is too strong in me. Cannot. Resist. Those delicious meatballs! (acctually ate it for lunch today)

have seen way too many horrible defensive lapses from him to call him fine. He's not been the worst off the lot this year, but he has been a damn fine tool in the tankbox these past seasons.. The physical presence does not help when he leaves the slot wide open. I'm not a statistics guy but it seems like we never have possession when he's on the ice.

Mike Weber is a Third pairing defenseman. He needs limited minutes with a good puck moving defenseman, like Sekera. He's the kinda guy you need in spades come playoff time.

Mike Weber is a Third pairing defenseman. He needs limited minutes with a good puck moving defenseman, like Sekera. He's the kinda guy you need in spades come playoff time.

Then why isn't every playoff team searching for a bottom pair defenseman throwing picks at us for lapsy? I don't think you want to be a Carrion team come playoff time, tanking for 16th doesn't seem so strategic. But I might be wrong. Perhaps weber gets benched every now and then because he's playing great.

Then why isn't every playoff team searching for a bottom pair defenseman throwing picks at us for lapsy? I don't think you want to be a Carrion team come playoff time, tanking for 16th doesn't seem so strategic. But I might be wrong. Perhaps weber gets benched every now and then because he's playing great.

Don't be surprised if he does get moved at the deadline. You do remember when he first came up and played 16 minutes a game with Sekera, right?

Weber is a likely guy to be in demand at the deadline IMO — cheap depth, built for playoff hockey.

I think most of us are willing to forgive Mike's errors because of the way he battled against Philly that year.

Just not sure if what we'll get for him would be worth it. I like Weber as a 6/7 guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.