GDT: 10/28/14 Sabres vs Leafs 7:30 P.M.

Wyldnwoody44

I think the whole "ruined by losing" mantra is overblown. Keith and Seabrook played on bad teams for their first couple of years in Chicago. And, it didn't "ruin" them. I'm not sure I get the whole "keep them in Rochester because losing in Buffalo will hurt their development" argument. In life we learn more in defeat than we do in victory. If these guys have such fragile psyches that they'll be ruined forever by a bad season then they shouldn't be professional athletes. And, if these kids in Rochester are better than the veterans ahead of them, they should be up with the big club. If they aren't ready for the NHL, fine... but a guy like Larsson is ready for a shot. So is Pysyk. Perhaps others as well.

No idea how I missed this, but, agreed wholeheartedly.

I believe there are players that get ruined by losing, and you know why? Because those players are losers. So maybe they're actually not "ruined" by losing, but they are exposed by losing.

Good point. This is a process right now where TN is trying to weed out the losers and find the nuggets in a steaming pile of shite. Next year and the following year we will probably be looking at a whole new set of guys until they have the right mix of balls to the walls winners. If they can't be part of the solution then perhaps they are part of the problem. Sayonara.

And how much is Meszarous getting paid???? What Gorges is getting paid is not the point.

You said he's giving more than he's getting. I think I made it clear that I think 3.9MM is pretty fair for the type of player he his; he'll be okay...

I think the whole "ruined by losing" mantra is overblown. Keith and Seabrook played on bad teams for their first couple of years in Chicago. And, it didn't "ruin" them. I'm not sure I get the whole "keep them in Rochester because losing in Buffalo will hurt their development" argument. In life we learn more in defeat than we do in victory. If these guys have such fragile psyches that they'll be ruined forever by a bad season then they shouldn't be professional athletes. And, if these kids in Rochester are better than the veterans ahead of them, they should be up with the big club. If they aren't ready for the NHL, fine... but a guy like Larsson is ready for a shot. So is Pysyk. Perhaps others as well.

Bingo.

I believe there are players that get ruined by losing, and you know why? Because those players are losers. So maybe they're actually not "ruined" by losing, but they are exposed by losing.

And bingo again. Enough with treating losing hockey games like it's a contagious and chronic medical condition.

If they bring up the better players from Rochester more of a chance the Sabres may win a couple of games - not in the plans. If he really wanted to win this year he would have fired Nolan in the off-season.

Murray has said in the past that winning the Calder Cup is important to him. Until injuries hit I don't see the line-up changing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.