GDT (kinda) - Otters vs Ice Dogs at F'NC

Hoss

Is Strome that good, or does playing with McDavid make him look better than he is? Heard he could be a top five pick.

Strome looks good. I'm sure mcdavid helps but you can see stormes talent. They play together a bunch so it's hard to tell for sure.

First face off I have noticed mcdavid lose.

97 makes things happen but you have to pay attention to everything to appreciate his game. He makes everything look effortless and easy. He takes 2 strides and he is at full speed. Just glides effortlessly. One more stride and he is back at full speed another and he is passing the opposition. You can watch him read the game then boom he breaks up a play he had no business being in and has a scoring chance going the other way. He is the real deal.

Goal by 97. That's 3 assists 1 goal.

Edited by Kr632

Mcdavid not out on powerplay. 7-3 otters lead

I actually think Strome has looked pretty bad tonight. Skating hasn't been phenomenal. Betz looks good as well

Nick Betz has been the second best player on the ice, I'll talk about that a bit more later.

I haven't really paid attention to him since the first period. Haven't noticed him since. Edited by Kr632

My thoughts...

McDavid is as advertised. NHL talent level right now. Protects the puck very well, and he is strong on the puck regardless of where he is.

Decision making is what sets him apart. He racks up the points because he puts the puck where it needs to be. I can remember maybe one or two times that he possessed the puck and it didn't end up somewhere a teammate could make a play.

My biggest takeaway of the night: put Zemgus Girgensons on his wing. Nick Betz was the second best player on the ice tonight, and he's a physical player. Made a couple really nice moves and plays the game just like Zemgus does. Having him on his wing really benefitted McDavid. Zemgus would fill that role well.

Only let down: didn't appear strong in the face off circle. Seemed more focused on the play after the face off as opposed to establishing possession.

On Strome: two points but didn't really do anything to make himself standout. Looked like a part of the crowd. Honestly, I don't think I would have noticed him if I didn't know who he was. He's got tons of talent, but he didn't show much tonight.

Edited by Tankalicious

Any hockey fan should have gone to that game tonight for the price. It was very entertaining. I'm even more pissed now though that I missed the prospect game featuring Eichel. Would have been nice to have an in person comparison.

I agree with Tank that McDavid seemed NHL ready now never mind in a year. He is no Samson. He is legit right away.

This is embarrassing. The play/pace of the game was far more entertaining than what we've become accustomed to in our rink. I even wish the entertainment director who ran the music and scoreboard tonight would replace our normal one. GREAT music played all night. Sadly no organ though, but the music was way better than what we get. I loved how they blow the horns after a goal and then once again for every other goal. Must drive their opponents nuts on bad nights like this one for Niagara.

Moulson26 I was front row 223 but as a rule I don't bother with my phone except for intermissions.

I even wish the entertainment director who ran the music and scoreboard tonight would replace our normal one. GREAT music played all night. Sadly no organ though, but the music was way better than what we get.

Take that back. He played Bon Jovi... TWICE.

I'm now pro tank.

That's not something I thought I would ever read. The fun part: his best move of the night wasn't even on there because it didn't result in a goal.

It can be seen here:

Edited by Tankalicious

That's not something I thought I would ever read. The fun part: his best move of the night wasn't even on there because it didn't result in a goal.

It can be seen here: https://twitter.com/...329020884635648

Mostly just funnin'. He really is impressive, though, and I plan on being fully invested in the tank at the appropriate time, the trade deadline.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.