Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Beano is my Carrion League player of the week:

For muffs both timely and inexplicable, Andre Benoit wins a burning bag of poo inside a glass tank.

When this season is done, it'll have taken a true Herculean effort for anyone to buddy the Buddy from Mess' buddy Beano.

Current standings through games played 11/26.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 22 14 6 2 30

Edmonton 22 14 6 2 30

Columbus 21 13 6 2 28

Carolina 21 12 6 3 27

Arizona 23 11 9 3 25

Colorado 23 10 8 5 25

Winnipeg 23 9 11 3 21

Florida 20 6 8 6 18

Sabres back where they rightfully belong. Benoit w/ the giveaway behind the net on the 5 minute pp turned out to be HUGE. How Nolan can even consider not dressing him and Mess is difficult to fathom. :unsure:

Only 1 game tonight - Eulers in Nashville. Hopefully they can play like turkeys and find a way to blow the 2 points. It would give the Sabres' brass something to be thankful for (besides Mess & Benoit ;)).

Happy Turkey Day to those in the States; happy Thursday to the rest of you. Thanksvto SDS for this site and the mods for all their hard work. :beer: :worthy:

So what's the tie breaker for the top draft choice should a tie occur?

So what's the tie breaker for the top draft choice should a tie occur?

The regular proceedure to determine which team is higher seed. In this one, obviously they'd want to be lower seed.

NHL Tie Breaking procedure: If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included.

4. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

5. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

There is no lottery tiebreaker. Their odds are split. (At least if they follow the NBA's model of tie breaking in the lottery. They'll flip a coin to see who gets the extra ball if it's not an even split).

Edited by Tankalicious

There is no lottery tiebreaker. Their odds are split. (At least if they follow the NBA's model of tie breaking in the lottery. They'll flip a coin to see who gets the extra ball if it's not an even split).

Haven't seen anything stating they changed the way ties are broken in determining lottery %ages for a tie in the standings. If you have a link to one please post it.

Up until last season, lottery order was opposite of that for final standings. Which is why Vancouver (36-35-4-7 31ROW) had a 6.4% chance of winning the lottery and Carolina (36-35-7-4 34ROW) only had a 4.7% chance of winning.

Haven't seen anything stating they changed the way ties are broken in determining lottery %ages for a tie in the standings. If you have a link to one please post it.

Up until last season, lottery order was opposite of that for final standings. Which is why Vancouver (36-35-4-7 31ROW) had a 6.4% chance of winning the lottery and Carolina (36-35-7-4 34ROW) only had a 4.7% chance of winning.

Maybe the case. Probably is as you stated.

I just figured they went by the NBA's procedure since they followed their lead on the lottery.

Edmonton gives up at least a point. Had a decent scoring chance late that Nikitin just missed. He was walking up the ice and could've dumped it off to Nugent-Hopkins but instead just tried to dump it in. RNH had an open lane to walk in.

Edmonton gives up at least a point. Had a decent scoring chance late that Nikitin just missed. He was walking up the ice and could've dumped it off to Nugent-Hopkins but instead just tried to dump it in. RNH had an open lane to walk in.

penalty shot in ot.

D'oh!

When do we worry about them playing themselves out of Dylan Strome's Draft Position?

I'd say when they win 4 of 5 and the loss is the result of the entire top pair being injured and replaced by the worst two defensemen currently signed to NHL contracts. Unless that happens, I think we're ok.

I'm not even remotely confident about this tank ending well. I think Murray thought he could sell off a few guys and lock it up, but they don't have anybody that he can ship off that would actually hurt this team. Stewart and Stafford, but I don't think Stafford really moves the needle one way or the other. Stewart MAYBE, but the pressure is there to keep him.

I'm not even remotely confident about this tank ending well. I think Murray thought he could sell off a few guys and lock it up, but they don't have anybody that he can ship off that would actually hurt this team. Stewart and Stafford, but I don't think Stafford really moves the needle one way or the other. Stewart MAYBE, but the pressure is there to keep him.

The only thing he could do is trade both Enroth and Neuvirth, but that's not going to happen.

When push comes to shove, they are going to finish somewhere between 24 and 30.

Just like you knew they were before the season started.

They may still earn McEichel, but winning the CHL is still as much of a lottery as the NHL.

.........huh?

Wait, wait, wait, didn't all the smart people tell us the Sabres were still destined to finish dead last again this year? After all, they were SO BAD last year. And CORSI. God-Corsi demands it!

No one even batted an eye when we signed Gionta, traded for Gorges, and then signed Moulson. None of that was supposed to be enough to even dig us out of 30th.

And now we "knew" it was "bottom 7 finish" before the season started?

.........huh?

Wait, wait, wait, didn't all the smart people tell us the Sabres were still destined to finish dead last again this year? After all, they were SO BAD last year. And CORSI. God-Corsi demands it!

No one even batted an eye when we signed Gionta, traded for Gorges, and then signed Moulson. None of that was supposed to be enough to even dig us out of 30th.

And now we "knew" it was "bottom 7 finish" before the season started?

I think a lot of people thought the moves made us better. But as it turns out, if Risto and Zad are the reason we might be better. Everyone knew it was going to be a competition for DFL. The prize is too great for it not to be. That's why this thread exists.