Prediction time: which former Sabre will have the best playoffs?

nfreeman

Gone but not forgotten  

51 members have voted

1. 1. There are quite a few Sabres still playing, some in prominent roles. Which of them will have the best playoffs (recognizing that this will be subjective -- not just stats-based)?

• Vanek
    • Briere
    • Pommer
    • Moulson
    • Ott
    • Roy
    • Miller
    • Leopold
    • Regehr
    • Lindy
  2. 2. Which of the following former Sabres are you most rooting for in the playoffs?

• Vanek
    • Briere
    • Pommer
    • Moulson
    • Ott
    • Roy
    • Miller
    • Leopold
    • Regehr
    • Lindy
    • None of the above/not rooting for former Sabres
  3. 3. Which of the following former Sabres do you most wish the Sabres would've kept?

• Vanek
    • Briere
    • Pommer
    • Moulson
    • Ott
    • Roy
    • Miller
    • Leopold
    • Regehr
    • Lindy

Miller will have "the best" playoff, in my opinion. I see STL as one of the better teams (although the West is stacked) and expect them to go far. I expect Briere to continue to do well too, but I guess my thinking is that the goalie has the chance to put his stamp on every single game. I mean technically so does any other skater, but it's much easier for a goalie to have a noticeable impact game in game out than a skater.

Kind of touch and go on the second question. I'm rooting for the Blues for the draft pick, and I definitely want to see Miller win a cup. But there are some variables in other matchups -- I really really really want Tropp and the Blue Jackets to beat the Penguins and go on a run... but if they don't, I'll be rooting more for Pyatt and the Pens because I hate most of the East. As much as I love Briere and Vanek, I hate the Canadiens, I just can't get behind them. I want Tampa to win that series, but it's not looking good. I would also love to see the Stars win their series and play a bit of a cinderella role -- mostly because of Lindy, but also because of Nichushkin, Seguin, Benn, Chiasson. They just have a solid young team all around. Since the poll says to pick one, I'll go with Miller, but it's not THAT cut and dry. I'm more rooting for 'teams' than particular players.

Player I wish we could have kept most has to be Briere, just due to the circumstances. I don't "wish" we would have kept any of the others, because it was obvious a rebuild had to happen, and we got good assets for them. I mean, I certainly don't wish that the Sabres kept Miller for the ass end of a contract year in which we finished last in the league. I suppose you could add Tropp to the list -- I wish we could have kept him. But not more so than Briere in 07.

I'm rooting for the players on the Blues simply so they advance to the conference finals so the Sabres get their 1st pick. I'm not sure Miller will resign there. Could Vancouver be in play now for a goalie?

I wish the Sabres could have kept Vanek, the only reliable goal scorer, especially on the power play. I wanted to see how he'd do with a top line center, which hopefully they'll get in the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.