Tom Webster Off Season Contest 5.0

tom webster

Both TBD and Wookie did well but TBD not only didn't call the buy out, he predicted against it. Some of his next season moves could come to fruition but the contest is about the off-season.

As for Wookie, not sure what could happen by opening day to tilt things in his favor but I reserve the right to award a second prize if anything comes out of left field by opening day. I will be choosing my tickets in the coming days and I wanted the winner to have a chance to request a specific game.

I am open to suggestions on how I can do this better next year.

Sounds fair :)

Both TBD and Wookie did well but TBD not only didn't call the buy out, he predicted against it. Some of his next season moves could come to fruition but the contest is about the off-season.

As for Wookie, not sure what could happen by opening day to tilt things in his favor but I reserve the right to award a second prize if anything comes out of left field by opening day. I will be choosing my tickets in the coming days and I wanted the winner to have a chance to request a specific game.

It's your contest and it's nice to see you do it. I guess you could have a bunch of yes/no questions, but I like watching your contest the way it is.

It's your contest, and I have absolutely zero complaints about how you choose to run it. It's amazing that you choose to do it at all.

One possible way to change it would be to have categories, Like Draft/Re-signs/UFA/trade/other since those would essentially cover specific time periods with measurable results. Also, putting a date the winner will be chosen might frame the prediction timeline.

These solutions are terrible and should not be used unless YOU feel they will make the contest more fun for YOU.

No complaints here. Just wanted to throw my name in the hat. There's no reason to be anything but grateful to Tom Webster for running this contest as it give us a great barometer for fan opinion/expectations during the dreadful summer months.

If it was just about the offseason I wouldn't have wasted my energy making such a long list :oops:

Sabres draft Reinhart

Sabres keep Leino

Sabres sign Ollie Jokinen

Sabres sign Radim Vrbata

Sabres sign Danny Briere

Tallinder retires

Sabres cut McBain

Ott, Callahan, Moulson and Vanek laugh at any Sabres offer

I was sooooo close... Shucks..

• 6 months later...

So I was able to give the tickets away successfully for the Nashville game.  I asked my friend for a report for the gang at SS, this was the reply.

Rake... dude... Are those your season tickets? If so, there's a couple things you'll want to know before you go back.  First of all, kids shouldn't be at hockey games.  And once a 12 year old girl starts crying, what was I suppose to do?  No one ever tells you that.  And once things got weird, it's me that's the ######.  I hate people.

The other thing about the beer vendor.  If you think about it, he's Lucic's teammate, they're both paid by the same people, I think if Miller found out about that scene last night, he would thank me.

So thanks for the tickets, I hope they're not your season tickets

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.