When do you think the Sabres will be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

Jsixspd

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Buffalo.html

0.0002% chance at this point.    If they go 25-0, they have a 2% of getting the final WC spot.  

With 25 games left they can finish at most with at most 86 points.   Boston is at 65 points currently.  So that's a 21 point differential, or about 11 games.   

I'll say they're eliminated after 7 more games, which is around March 6th.   

The Buffalo Sabres will be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs after games are complete on March 6th.... final answer.

0.0002% chance at this point.    If they go 25-0, they have a 2% of getting the final WC spot.  

So from that, there's a 1 in 10000 chance that we go 25-0?  Even that assumes a 69.8% chance of winning each game.

If you use our win percentage (44.4%), we have a 1.53E-9 chance of winning 25 in a row.  That's 1.5 in one billion.

Let's go cup crazy two tousand... sickteen.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

So from that, there's a 1 in 10000 chance that we go 25-0?  Even that assumes a 69.8% chance of winning each game.

If you use our win percentage (44.4%), we have a 1.53E-9 chance of winning 25 in a row.  That's 1.5 in one billion.

Let's go cup crazy two tousand... sickteen.

More importantly we should be guessing is when they'll be mathematically eliminated from finishing any higher than 30th place.   

Using very fuzzy math, I'll guess April Eleventy Twelvth.

Bump.  Time to give your guesses for 2015.

:)   

With 25 games left they can finish at most with at most 86 points.   Boston is at 65 points currently.  So that's a 21 point differential, or about 11 games.   

I'll say they're eliminated after 7 more games, which is around March 6th.   

The Buffalo Sabres will be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs after games are complete on March 6th.... final answer.

My birthday is March 7th - that would be a fine Birthday present!    Playoff elimination that early would just about lock up the draft pick.   

• 3 weeks later...

:)   

My birthday is March 7th - that would be a fine Birthday present!    Playoff elimination that early would just about lock up the draft pick.   

Happy Birthday to Me!  I believe the Sabres are eliminated now, thanks to the March 7th blowout by the Caps.    

33 points between them and Boston, and there's only 16 games left in the season.    

Great B-day present right there - it means the Tank is alive and well, and even stronger than last year!  Sabres didn't get eliminated last year until ~ March 19th. 

haha -  ESPN updated their rankings to reflect the weekend's elimination!

Now GMTM has to instruct Nolan to play Hackett every possible game, and don't let Hodgson see less than 20 minutes of ice time per game and the Tank will be complete!

post-3706-0-88185000-1425945107_thumb.jpg

haha -  ESPN updated their rankings to reflect the weekend's elimination!

Now GMTM has to instruct Nolan to play Hackett every possible game, and don't let Hodgson see less than 20 minutes of ice time per game and the Tank will be complete!

I think you mean 5 for Hodgson.  Because if Nolan were to play him on a real line, all sorts of scoring type of stuff might happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.