OT - Car reviews/opinions

chileanseabass

Ive got the infinity g35x. Big and roomy, rear camera, nav, leather, heated, Bluetooth and all that jazz. Too bad she only gets 20 mpg, but thats ok cause i stole it. This car really turned me on to nissan. Sweet ride.

Got the 2010 g37x coupe. Love it. Only complaint so far is the paint is brittle on it. My old '02 Jetta has less chips and scratches than the g37.

Really? Havent noticed any. What color is yours?

Black. Seems like it scratches if a leaf lands on it. The dealer washed it recently and used an auto car wash with brushes and scratched and swirled it all over. I complained about it and they took it back in and hand detailed it. When I got it back there were a bunch of gouges out of the paint on the door. Looked like the valet hit something in the road and it flew up and gouged the side. Thinking about getting it repainted and have an extra coat of clearcoat added.

Black. Seems like it scratches if a leaf lands on it. The dealer washed it recently and used an auto car wash with brushes and scratched and swirled it all over. I complained about it and they took it back in and hand detailed it. When I got it back there were a bunch of gouges out of the paint on the door. Looked like the valet hit something in the road and it flew up and gouged the side. Thinking about getting it repainted and have an extra coat of clearcoat added.

I buy cars in 3 colors. Black, silver and white. Black is the most trouble by far! Mine is a dark slate silver now, it always looks clean.

I buy cars in 3 colors. Black, silver and white. Black is the most trouble by far! Mine is a dark slate silver now, it always looks clean.

Agreed. I only buy black and this is the first one I have had trouble with. It had some chips in it when I bought it (CPO) so the repaint with a better paint and thicker clear coat will prob help. Other than that it's a great car. I drove the new Q50 sedan and didn't like it as much.

I miss my silver Subaru, but the slate looks so good when it's clean. It shows the scratches a bit more than I'd like though. I've had good luck with Subarus. I'm having a bit a rust (underside, not the body) on the 2005 Outback, but that car lived up near Hunters Creek park until last year, so that's almost to be expected.

post-1315-0-83248100-1398183056_thumb.jpg

Edited by MattPie

As some of you know I totaled my car recently, 2003 gmc envoy, and so I'm out looking for one now. I want something with a similar build, but possibly in a manual. I'm a poor college kid though so I only have about 5k to spend, does anyone know of an option fitting those details?

As some of you know I totaled my car recently, 2003 gmc envoy, and so I'm out looking for one now. I want something with a similar build, but possibly in a manual. I'm a poor college kid though so I only have about 5k to spend, does anyone know of an option fitting those details?

Manual? I don't know if anything other some Jeep models would fill that. My 99 Cherokee had a 5-speed. I'm not sure I'd recommend a Jeep though, mine was starting to show some issues at 75k, although I did a little off-roading in it and it was in a deer accident so I'm not going to 100% blame the brand on that one.

Manual? I don't know if anything other some Jeep models would fill that. My 99 Cherokee had a 5-speed. I'm not sure I'd recommend a Jeep though, mine was starting to show some issues at 75k, although I did a little off-roading in it and it was in a deer accident so I'm not going to 100% blame the brand on that one.

yeah that or trucks is I guess what I'd be looking at for that description. Do you know of any afirda me cars for that cost that come in manual by chance? If I get a car I'm looking to have a little fun with it

yeah that or trucks is I guess what I'd be looking at for that description. Do you know of any afirda me cars for that cost that come in manual by chance? If I get a car I'm looking to have a little fun with it

Picked up a 93 supra for around that price about 12 years ago. Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen now unless the car is in rough shape. That car was fun! Shame I had to cartwheel it into a tree.

I still have my 99 Cherokee. 13 years and 120K and I haven't had to replace anything beyond regular maintenance.

The last 25,000 or so have been NYC miles, so I know it's days are numbered. I'm no fool.

I love how utilitarian it is. Roll up/down windows, no bells or whistles to go haywire or crap out.

It's real hard to find a plain Jane nowadays. The car makers like to load up the base models.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.