Lets Face It ... Sabres Suck

PTS

This team's success this season was a complete fluke. They simply aren't that good. Darcy is cheap and Lindy has worn out his welcome. Our goalies are inexperienced, our defense is simply no good and our offense doesn't have a superstar.

I DARE them to prove me wrong tonight. ;)

Sarcasm Meter: 8.6

This team's success this season was a complete fluke. They simply aren't that good. Darcy is cheap and Lindy has worn out his welcome. Our goalies are inexperienced, our defense is simply no good and our offense doesn't have a superstar.

I DARE them to prove me wrong tonight. ;)

Im not sure I agree with the Lindy part, but with everything else, espeically the Darcy reference, I totally agree with your post.

This team really freaking blows. We're lucky to have got a point against the Rangers tonight. Something is seriously wrong with this team. They definitely need a walk in the park.

I'm not going to say this team "sucks" because they don't. We've got some very talented players, but the holes in the defense are REALLY beginning to stand out now. With that said, I'm also not going to blame Ryan Miller, because he has made some really big saves for us, including tonight, he's just been left out to dry half the time.

Darcy really sh!t the bed this year. How could he honestly feel that we didn't need some sort of reinforcements heading into the playoffs?? I don't care if he wanted to keep Marty around, great, but make some sort of trade that will get us some defensive help. Nope, just ship Mika out to Vancouver for a draft pick.

A first round exit in the playoffs is becoming much more likely as this team keeps digging a bottom-less hole.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the rule changes and their speed carried them this far, and now that teams have adjusted and figured the Sabres out, they don't have a prayer. It is going to be a quick and painless exit from the first round.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the rule changes and their speed carried them this far, and now that teams have adjusted and figured the Sabres out, they don't have a prayer. It is going to be a quick and painless exit from the first round.

They still have a month to right themselves. I find it kind of frustrating that the team is being judged by their slump. They still have plenty of time to turn things around.

Darcy really sh!t the bed this year. How could he honestly feel that we didn't need some sort of reinforcements heading into the playoffs?? I don't care if he wanted to keep Marty around, great, but make some sort of trade that will get us some defensive help. Nope, just ship Mika out to Vancouver for a draft pick.

Maybe it was the 8 game winning streaks. C'mon, would you have messed with the team at the trade deadline? (I know your answer...yes...and you're a damn liar!) We were unbeatable. I would have done the same thing. No one could have predicted this. This is the g**damn Twilight Zone! It's like God is toying with Buffalo sports fans.

PTR

yes.

I'm not going to say this team "sucks" because they don't. We've got some very talented players, but the holes in the defense are REALLY beginning to stand out now. With that said, I'm also not going to blame Ryan Miller, because he has made some really big saves for us, including tonight, he's just been left out to dry half the time.

A first round exit in the playoffs is becoming much more likely as this team keeps digging a bottom-less hole.

I hope that post is on also on the PTS sarcasm meter because it is absurd. In the event it was not, you don't judge someone based on 6 games, you base it over the long haul. How come he was not shitting the bed the first 60 games of the season when they were almost 30 games over .500?

Pathetic - I don't understand why people think by making a trade you automatically will win the Cup. There is not one trade out there that was made that would have made this team drastically different and brought them up to the likes of OTT, DET, or even CAR. This is a good, young team that has a lot of promise that is building on their experience. We might need some help on D in the future, but it should not be done sacrificing team and everything else this organization is trying to stand for. Oh by the way, we have a ROOKIE f'ing goalie.....it is not fun watching them lost 6 in a row, but remember where we were and what this season was supposed to be like.

First round exit? This team isn't even going to make the playoffs. They're going to lose out and be sent home early. I don't know what the hell they're thinking. They still won't be able to golf in Buffalo for a few more weeks.

What's sarcasmism?

First round exit? This team isn't even going to make the playoffs. They're going to lose out and be sent home early. I don't know what the hell they're thinking. They still won't be able to golf in Buffalo for a few more weeks.

What's sarcasmism?

Finally, someone else with a brain. ;)

They obviously proven recently that they can't win a game anymore. We've become the St. Louis Blues of the Eastern Conference. Barring an upset, Buffalo will be lucky to get one point in their next three games. At this pace, we'll be lucky to get 7th place.

Put your putters away boys because we're already in the hole.

What is Sarcasmism you ask? It is the practice of not being serious. For example, the way the Sabres are not serious ... contenders.

Sarcasmism sounds like a Dubya word. As in, "The sarcasmism in the liberal media are making the situation in the Mid East more flammammable." Or, "PTS is one of our great posters on the Internets."

Seriously folks... mrjsbu... Ryan is 25. The kid excuse doesn't really cut it. As for a trade, you say no trade was made that would have helped the Sabres. That's not the point. What trade COULD have been made? We will never know. Biron, Max and a high pick for???? Also, PTR says none of this could have been predicted. Almost everyone agreed the Sabres' D was a house of cards.

Buffalo loses a couple games to Ottawa and Carolina (two teams ahead of them in the standings and much better) Atlanta (a hot team fighting to stay in the playoff race) the Bruins (ok that one may have been a mental loss due to the building slump) and a Rangers team that is just as good and fighting for #1 in their conference. These are all games (except for the Bruins) that were reasonable to see Buffalo lose too.

Blaming Miller is a joke cause its not all his fault, its hard to make every save when you have so many shots that keep coming at you cause your defence can't get the puck out or get a guy away from the puck. Blaming Ruff is also unfair, the guy obviously has alot on his mind right now with a sick child and it is understandable that sometime his head might not be 100% in the game (it should not affect him during a game, but it will and its not something he should be blamed for). Blaming Regier I will say is warranted. There were not many great defencemen available and I understand he didn't want to affect the team chemistry, but he did not do anything to fix a glaring problem that has plagued the team like he should have and that may be the downfall of this years team and it can be blamed directly on him.

Sarcasmism sounds like a Dubya word. As in, "The sarcasmism in the liberal media are making the situation in the Mid East more flammammable." Or, "PTS is one of our great posters on the Internets."

Seriously folks... mrjsbu... Ryan is 25. The kid excuse doesn't really cut it. As for a trade, you say no trade was made that would have helped the Sabres. That's not the point. What trade COULD have been made? We will never know. Biron, Max and a high pick for???? Also, PTR says none of this could have been predicted. Almost everyone agreed the Sabres' D was a house of cards.

I don't care if he is 25, 18, or 40 a rookie is a rookie. This is the first time he has spent a full season at the NHL level so it is not about age. It has to do with playing a full schedule against NHL caliber players, not the AHL travel/players routine, etc.

What trade could have been made - what player out there that was traded could have made an impact on this team? You are just not getting it? I agree about the D, but even if we pick up a stud D-man or two, we are still YOUNG! Rookie goalie and several forwards still experiencing their first full season of playing in the NHL. I'm not talking about occassional call-ups, etc, I'm talking about sticking with the big-leage team all year. Maybe we then should agree to disagree because I don't believe this team has the experience to win the Cup this year. It requires so much more - usually a year or two of playoff exits.

Fast forward 1-3 years from now and the same tame is pretty much intact, then I agree - we should be pulling out some stops to go for it. But, this team however we got to this point, was NOT supposed to be 20 games over .500.

OK, forget the trade debate. Neither one of us knows what possible trades were discussed, so it's pointless.

I'm always suspicious of the "rookie excuse." I think someone either has it, or they don't. Will J.P. Losman be better this season? Was Todd Collins in his second year? Wasn't Big Ben great right away? Terrible analogies, probably.

About this team in one to three years... How do you know they can keep it together? There's already talk that we "can't afford" Jay McKee. You know, the guy who came back and played after having his nose crushed by a puck, the guy who fell in front of Jaromir Jagr's bombs the other night. I'm not as up to speed on the NHL free agency situation as I should be, but it seems to me that hockey is approaching football as a sport where you "win now."

OK, forget the trade debate. Neither one of us knows what possible trades were discussed, so it's pointless.

I'm always suspicious of the "rookie excuse." I think someone either has it, or they don't. Will J.P. Losman be better this season? Was Todd Collins in his second year? Wasn't Big Ben great right away? Terrible analogies, probably.

About this team in one to three years... How do you know they can keep it together? There's already talk that we "can't afford" Jay McKee. You know, the guy who came back and played after having his nose crushed by a puck, the guy who fell in front of Jaromir Jagr's bombs the other night. I'm not as up to speed on the NHL free agency situation as I should be, but it seems to me that hockey is approaching football as a sport where you "win now."

You are right - there is no guarantee they can keep it together, but as a Yankee fan and watching how they buy the top FA's and drop guys at the first sign they falter, I would hate to see this organization become of that model. Trust me, I am not really comparing the Yankees to the Sabres, but for me the concept of building a team has meant more with the Sabre organization then the Yankee organization of late.

I think that there will definitely be some attrition and some guys that move on, but hopefully there were will be a strong nucleus around and we will not need to pluck as many Rochester guys in to the lineup in the future as we did on this initial re-build.

I'm always suspicious of the "rookie excuse." I think someone either has it, or they don't. Will J.P. Losman be better this season? Was Todd Collins in his second year?

Probably not, and No. The Curse of Jim Kellys Concussed Brain lives on.

Tonight the Sabres will bounce back. All this talk of slump will be erased when we club the Bruins 8-2.

Put money on that one. Take it to the bank. Put it in your pipe and smoke it, shove it up.... anyways its a stone cold fushetti lock of the week.

Archived