Any comments from DR or RonRol?

G-Daddy

I don't know about Darcy, i expect that will take some time but Ron Rolston via text message to Elliotte Friedman-

"I appreciate the opportunity to have coached for the Buffalo Sabres. Developing a young team is a process and I regret that I was not afforded the time to fully realize the goals that were set for the coaching staff and the team. Regardless, coaching and developing hockey players will remain my passion and my profession, and I look forward to a new challenge."

I don't know about Darcy, i expect that will take some time but Ron Rolston via text message to Elliotte Friedman-

"I appreciate the opportunity to have coached for the Buffalo Sabres. Developing a young team is a process and I regret that I was not afforded the time to fully realize the goals that were set for the coaching staff and the team. Regardless, coaching and developing hockey players will remain my passion and my profession, and I look forward to a new challenge."

In other words -- "it's not my fault."

Not the most graceful parting statement. Someone said he was PO'd -- that sure sounds like it.

I feel bad for Rolston. Not that I think he was a good coach -- he was in over his head and dealt a bad hand by Darcy. I think he was put into a position in which he was bound to fail. My experience in the workplace tells me that a good manager puts employees into a position to succeed. Bad managers (i.e. Darcy) don't.

I feel bad for Rolston. Not that I think he was a good coach -- he was in over his head and dealt a bad hand by Darcy. I think he was put into a position in which he was bound to fail. My experience in the workplace tells me that a good manager puts employees into a position to succeed. Bad managers (i.e. Darcy) don't.

RR should have done a LaFontaine and told Darcy he wasn't ready for the job. No sympathy here!

RR should have done a LaFontaine and told Darcy he wasn't ready for the job. No sympathy here!

It is that simple isn't it. No sympathy indeed. He could have had a great long learning curve learning his profession in Roch. I can't say I blame him for taking what Darcy offered because I'm sure in his mind, Darcy wasn't in danger and based on what he was told he could still learn on the job on the big club and have job security.

Tough Chit. No sympathy here indeed!

It is that simple isn't it. No sympathy indeed. He could have had a great long learning curve learning his profession in Roch. I can't say I blame him for taking what Darcy offered because I'm sure in his mind, Darcy wasn't in danger and based on what he was told he could still learn on the job on the big club and have job security.

Tough Chit. No sympathy here indeed!

Look, I didn't like RR's lack of system, or the fact that the "teaching coach" didn't teach anything, but there is such a thing as an "up or out" offer of promotion, and none of us know whether that's what happened.

Look, I didn't like RR's lack of system, or the fact that the "teaching coach" didn't teach anything, but there is such a thing as an "up or out" offer of promotion, and none of us know whether that's what happened.

I read that RR was counseled by many that he trusted to not accept the Sabres job. He didn't listen. You get into the big show, you'd better be ready.....He wasn't...CYA.

I never suggested that it was an up or out offer. Darcy panicked and needed a yes man and RR said yes after spilling his milk. I am sure he felt secure because he didn't see the end of Darcy coming. Probably bought into the notion he had three years to grow and right the ship. I don't for one minute think Darcy gave him an up or out offer. I just don't think that's Darcy's way.

But if that is what happened I am so grateful that we are able to correct two mistakes at once now.

There's no guarantee Ron would have survived these changes if he were still in Roch anyway, could see Cassidy being on his way out as well.

Now this is true but I think his odds would have been pretty good to remain there for a few years.

I never suggested that it was an up or out offer. Darcy panicked and needed a yes man and RR said yes after spilling his milk. I am sure he felt secure because he didn't see the end of Darcy coming. Probably bought into the notion he had three years to grow and right the ship. I don't for one minute think Darcy gave him an up or out offer. I just don't think that's Darcy's way.

But if that is what happened I am so grateful that we are able to correct two mistakes at once now.

Now this is true but I think his odds would have been pretty good to remain there for a few years.

You didn't. I did--and only as a possibility. I have no idea.

Archived