So what IS the identity of this team

CallawaySabres

This is without a doubt the worst team in the NHL. I am excited to watch where Vanek ends up so I can cheer him on for the playoffs. That being said I think our team has an incredibly bright future but they need to start putting Grigs and Girgs on top lines. They should be playing with Vanek until he leaves. If we are going to continue playing this poorly there is no reason that they shouldnt be giving all of the minutes to the young guys.

I had to laugh. Otherwise I would have cried. I had occasion to be at the VA Hospital in Buffalo this morning, and on the way home down Bailey Avenue toward the 33, a man in a Sabres jersey was being put into the back of a police car. I heard he tried suicide by cop, but the shot went wide. Heyyoooo, good night, you've been great.

• 2 weeks later...

What I don't understand is why our coach is telling Dmen like Ehrhoff and Myers to "join the rush" instead of leading the charge for the rush. This season is a waste so let's not worry about winning and losing games, let's try and form an identity with some D speed. Myers is absolutely useless without this trait so why have him on the team at all?

• 4 weeks later...

I get what you are saying. There is no identity right now. It's 2002 again.

This is right.

Before any "identity" can be establishes they first have to have the architect in place. The new GM will/should have a big say in the direction the team takes. Once he has a chance to really get his hands on this roster and start making changes and talk of "identity" is premature. Right now they are a franchise in limbo.

Now is the time to create the identity going forward so the question is.....what will that be? Is this going to be molded after Ted Nolan or the new GM?

There's still much house cleaning to do.

Archived