GDT: Sabres at Montreal 9-15-2013 7:30PM

spndnchz

Sulzers resume wasn't that impressive and he has been quite serviceable. Darcy must have seen something in this McBain, and perhaps he needed a change of scenery to get going.

I still think it was just a salary dump to move a D man (sekera) who didnt fit the scheme and pick up a 2nd rounder in the process. If he works out, cool. If not, i don't think he was really ever in the plans IMHO outside of filling in for injuries.

Sulzers resume wasn't that impressive and he has been quite serviceable. Darcy must have seen something in this McBain, and perhaps he needed a change of scenery to get going.

Putting aside my low opinion of Sulzer, before joining the Sabres he played 52 NHL games; that may be an unimpressive resume, but really he was an unknown. McBain, on the other hand, has played 206 NHL games, and has been really bad for the majority of them. My point is that there's a difference between not having much of a track record, and having an established track record of not being good.

I still think it was just a salary dump to move a D man (sekera) who didnt fit the scheme and pick up a 2nd rounder in the process. If he works out, cool. If not, i don't think he was really ever in the plans IMHO outside of filling in for injuries.

Agreed. Let him play PS game 1 and see if he can step it up. No harm no foul if the 2nd rd pick pans out.

Archived